Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass F1 Ferrari Special Edition and EA CXL 112L

carlosfandango

Olla!
It finally arrived! My new F1....very cool amp indeed: 500w 4ohm, light.....and it fits in my gig bag! I just got it so I haven't played around with it that much yet….so far, sounds a bit like the iAmp800, but less “hifi” if that makes sense, huge low end, nice top end, at least with the CXL. I’m taking her to the gig tonight with my EA CXL 112L to take her for a spin....more details tomorrow!
Can’t wait…
:)

OK, just got back from the gig and here's a quick download:

First 5 songs on EUB:
- Gain on “9”, EQ flat.....sounded great right out of the box. My EA CXL112 cab is very transparent and got lots of high end that sometimes doesn’t sound great with my EUB. I did little tweak n the “vintage dial” and managed to tame to CXL considerably and got a great EUB sound with lots of warmth
- Lot's of subby low end, mid freq sounds great…very realistic EUB sound to me…

The rest of the set with my Wick Stage one 5:
- ohhhhhh…….with the EQ flat and just a little of the “VLE” dialled I got a very fat, ballsy and growly sound
- It’s very loud…..master on “4” and I managed to keep up with loud drummer and guitarist in a medium sized club wit no PA support
- It feels very quick and has a great attack…perfect for slap and fast finger funk!
- At the end of the night we did a coupled of rock numbers where I dialled in the “vintage thingy”, boosted low mid, activated the neck pup and I got a very nice tubey blues/rock sound…..

So far so good! I’m very impressed – it has the same sort of “hifi” qualities as my old EA iAmp800 (that I like a lot) but it sounds a bit more like a traditional bass amp is you see what I mean. And I love the Ferrari red colour… 

Edited by carlosfandango