Why become a member? ×

My Big Al 5

Grand Wazoo

The Perfect Bass have pics of the exact same specs of the Big Al 5 which I have on order. (eta June/July) with the exception of the pickguard which I chose in plain white, this one is perloid but the rest of the combo is exactly as I've ordered it and gives me a close idea of what my bass will look like, what you reckon?

Edited by Grand Wazoo

Very pretty!
I would have chosen a 'stranger' colour to accentuate the bodyshape, like Dargie Delight, True Gold or Olive Gold, but this looks great too!

(too bad the Dargie Delight only comes with a rosewood board though)

Then again, I have nothing to choose, as there is no and won't be any lefthanded Big Al, let alone a 5-string :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='841798' date='May 19 2010, 10:25 AM'][b]Candy[/b] *sob* [b]Apple[/b] *sob* [b]Red[/b] *sob* [b]Pearloid[/b] *sob*

Why did you have to show me that??

Very very nice! :)[/quote]

Because you, Ritch, you jammy git, have a very nice Candy Apple Red 50th Anniversary Jazz and you've been making us all jealous with it. neener neener :rolleyes:

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='841947' date='May 19 2010, 12:43 PM']Because you, Ritch, you jammy git, have a very nice Candy Apple Red 50th Anniversary Jazz and you've been making us all jealous with it. neener neener :rolleyes:[/quote]

No need for jealousy, GW - We'll chop it up and have a piece each, okay? :)

My Lord! It's got more knobs than all the ampless support bands at local summer festival put together!

Seriously though, I kinda like it. The contours make it look comfy and it appears well balanced with that long horn.

Edited by Sean

[quote name='Sean' post='843393' date='May 20 2010, 06:37 PM']My Lord! It's got more knobs than all the ampless support bands at local summer festival put together!

Seriously though, I kinda like it. The contours make it look comfy and it appears well balanced with that long horn.[/quote]

Here is what does what:

I CANNOT wait for mine!

Let us know when yours gets here!

I've had to cancel the Classic Ray...I won't go into it as it's being dealt with, but there were a few issues when it arrived. Shame. Ah well, 2 other EBMMs incoming.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='841798' date='May 19 2010, 10:25 AM'][b]Candy[/b] *sob* [b]Apple[/b] *sob* [b]Red[/b] *sob* [b]Pearloid[/b] *sob*

Why did you have to show me that??

Very very nice! :rolleyes:[/quote]

+1 :)

Lush, lush, lush!!!