Why become a member? ×

Trace Cab

Stag

Hi guys and gals,

Im trying to properly identify my big Trace bass cab in my rig. Its got a 15in cone at the bottom and a 10in horn type thing at the top right of the cab, and a perfectly formed round hole to the left of said 10in horn. The old Trace red striping is present. It has XLR and jack outs on the back, plus a (used to be) covered pair of jacks for what I can only assume would be for high gain speakers, but the cover has broken off so I cant really ascertain what they are for. Something to do with a crossover I think...?

Anyone know what this model is.... and what the correct ohm rating is etc? Ive opened the bottom of it up and the 15in speaker at the bottom is 300w with 8ohm impedence, but cant get into the section where the 10in speaker/horn/whatever it is is present. The 15in-er (ooer!) is a replacement for the orginal speaker as well, i blew that up ages ago.

Cheers guys

I think that is a 1510X I quote from the catalogue:

"Although usable as a full range enclosure, the 1510X is designed specifically for use in a bi-amped system. It's 15" and 10" drivers produce sparkling highs and deep, tight lows. Power rating 300 Watts / Impedance 8 Ohms / H 780mm / W 610mm / D470mm / Weight 48Kg/106 lbs."

I guess that each driver is 8-ohms and there should be separate input (not output) connectors for each driver.

Edited by obbm