Why become a member? ×

Trace Cab Generations

Count Bassie

• 9 years later...

Pre-Gibson.

Gibson took over when Trace already had the SM/SMX range out (the successors to the Series 6 like you have here). They eventually replaced these with the SMC/GP12 ranges. Then destroyed the company, blah blah....

When i spoke to Clive Button on the phone a year or 2 ago, he told me his TE designs were from the series 6 onwards.  I was asking him about my Series 5  4x10 combo and he didnt design the 5 series or before.  Presumbaly that was Stuart Watson

CB designed this lot though

Series 6 range, SMX range, SMC range, 7 Band range, 12 Band range, GP7 Pre-Amp, GP12 Pre-Amp, AH150, AH200, AH300, AH350, AH500, AH1000-12, Valve Series, VA350, VA400, VR400, Twin, Quatra, Hexa, Commando range, Boxer range, PPA power amplifiers, Powered Sub 15, Bass effects pedal range, MP11 etc:

Acoustic - TA100R, TA50R, TA200R, TA Concert range, TA60, TA35, TA30, Acoustic Cube, TAB100 (Acoustic Bass), Acoustic PA 16 channel powered mixer system, Acoustic PA 12 channel powered mixer system, TAP1 acoustic pre-amp pedal, in fact everything that came out of Trace Elliot all the way through to 1997.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

My SMX and 1518 are from 94/95. MDF and battleship grey tolex and LAF.

The speaker is a Celestion Made for Trace Elliot which I believe to be same as the one they used in the smaller 1523 cab. The 1518 is an extremely sensitive cab, does not make much below 60hz so HPF or judicious use of the graphic EQ is required to go loud.

If replacement is required, I have been told the Eminence 3015 is a goer.