Why become a member? ×

Laney's

crumpet_tramp

[quote name='MB1' post='91483' date='Nov 20 2007, 02:08 PM'][quote name='crumpet_tramp' post='91478' date='Nov 20 2007, 01:59 PM']
Hi there, Does anyone else laney bass amps?

I think they are very underrated and sound great!
Who agrees?

MB1. :)
The WHO....... dont use Laneys![/quote]

you're misquoting in your replies again...I thought you'd fixed that bad habit???

you see, I have to go to some trouble to add the missing [/quote] tag back in to allow the forum software to accept the post...

MB1. :)

C.T...... Dont hate them to be honest,was at Aintree guitar show over the weekend and the Guitar Amps were Very Good on the Demo. Just feel theyve never really cut it with bass gear,theyve always seemed to be the cheaper end of the Market for bassists.I know guitarists really rate them,but bass gear?never been my cup of meat im afraid!.

Alright Crumpet!

My first proper amplifier was a Laney Hardcore Max HCM60B. Single 12" speaker, think it was only 60w but it was great - really loud and sounded pretty nice to my ears back then. The new Laney tube stuff looks interesting too, especially as it is similar in spec to my Trace Elliot tube stuff. Look forward to trying one - but it does annoy me when companies call their gear MAXXX SUPER HARDCORE etc, kind of pigeon holes them a bit. The Laney valve head just looks a bit too 'metal' for me - and I play in a funk metal band sometimes (I know, I know, funk metal, sorry)

Cheers
ped

The Bassist from my mates old band (awesome chops) and the first band we played gigs with in my first used a laney. 1x15 and 4x10 with a nice little head. No idea of the model number or any other specifics but it served him well over the years and I borrowed it a couple of times until I got my act together and sorted my own amp out.

Sounded pretty dang good to my untrained ears.

[quote name='The_D' post='91797' date='Nov 20 2007, 08:37 PM']Sounded pretty dang good to my untrained ears.[/quote]

Haha, seems like everyone likes to start off with! then moves away form them when they get better, it'l probably happen to me to!

I am going recording around xmas time with the laney i'l show you what it can do!

[quote name='crumpet_tramp' post='91995' date='Nov 21 2007, 09:07 AM']Haha, seems like everyone likes to start off with! then moves away form them when they get better, it'l probably happen to me to!

I am going recording around xmas time with the laney i'l show you what it can do![/quote]

My first 'proper' rig was a Laney 300w (150w a side stereo/biampable) job (G300 I think)

Kicked arse for 10 yrs before succumbing in a damp flat.

Ran it thru 2 4x10s. Sounded fine to me at the time.

Since got a MB SA450 which thru the same cabs gives a ton more punch, actually making me question any doubt around the cabs, they are very road worthy indeed. The head was OK in hindsight....

Looking to upgrade to Epi/Berg/Schro cabs as soon as I can afford it though.