Why become a member? ×

2001 MM Stingray 4

TommyK

Have thought long and hard about this and finally decided to part with my favourite "Ray".................

[size=4][color="#FF0000"]Thought some more and decided to keep!!! [/color]:[/size] :rolleyes: :)

[s]My first real decent Bass. Never played a better sounding one, it has loads of Bottom end compared with any others i've had or tried, no idea why...but it just has ok!?

I bought an American Deluxe Jazz a few weeks ago now and i just cant go back to the neck on the Ray, lovely as it sounds.

It is in great condition and only been owned by me from new. There is one small ding on the top of the body shown below. It will come with a new set of strings, I will either put them on or leave in the case for you to put on as you prefer it done.

I would like £700 firm. Free delivery in the UK. + Will ship anywhere else at buyers expense.

Trade-wise. Straight swap for a Sterling or newish US Jazz, would probably be happy to do a deal on a nice Jap or mexican Jazz with extra cash to me, maybe an Aerodyne non export model...

Try me, just as long as it is jazz/sterling type necked.

Appologies, pics not the best, will e-mail more/better pics if required..[/s]Cheers
Tom

Edited by TommyK

Have a bump on me.

I'm a Precision man at heart but I tried a stingray the other day and loved it.

Black on maple is the best colour by a mile too.

My next bass for sure!

£700 seems ridiculously cheap for a stingray. I think it may be suffering from the fact that there seem to be a few second-hand ones around at the moment. Things seem to come into trend- I'm sure Fenders are 'in' at the moment. They don't seem to be hanging around, even the Classic Vibe squiers are getting snapped up quick. Stingrays are so cheap now, I can't understand why people aren't taking advantage. I would be, if I had the funds.

Hopefully the prices will still be low when I next get my hands on £700!

Good luck.

Edited by cameltoe

[quote name='cameltoe' post='848912' date='May 26 2010, 08:58 PM']Have a bump on me.

I'm a Precision man at heart but I tried a stingray the other day and loved it.

Black on maple is the best colour by a mile too.

My next bass for sure!

£700 seems ridiculously cheap for a stingray. I think it may be suffering from the fact that there seem to be a few second-hand ones around at the moment. Things seem to come into trend- I'm sure Fenders are 'in' at the moment. They don't seem to be hanging around, even the Classic Vibe squiers are getting snapped up quick. Stingrays are so cheap now, I can't understand why people aren't taking advantage. I would be, if I had the funds.

Hopefully the prices will still be low when I next get my hands on £700!

Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks Cameltoe!

+ Pm Replied Bassalot!

Cheers
Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='TommyK' post='874371' date='Jun 22 2010, 01:02 PM']All Pm's replied.

Sorry this really is a keeper.....

Thanks
Tom[/quote]

So Tommy, now you've decided to hang on to both, which is the favoured neck - the Jazz or the MM?

[quote name='nollaig' post='875936' date='Jun 23 2010, 10:32 PM']So Tommy, now you've decided to hang on to both, which is the favoured neck - the Jazz or the MM?[/quote]

Still the Jazz, it is just so easy to play.

The Stingray is just such a good bass you know, soundwise, it rules, i would really regret selling it for sure. + It is not like the neck is unplayable, it is just a bit more of a handful if you know what i mean. (I just need to man up a bit) + save up/GAS for a Sterling as well!! :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='Magnolia' post='876527' date='Jun 24 2010, 03:52 PM']Or buy my Flea :rolleyes:[/quote]

Mate, you know i would love to buy the flea... Now, If you dont mind waiting 3 months or doing nice interest free monthly instalments, give me a shout..............:)