Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Midget T on tour

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right, as I said a Midget T will go out on tour, then one will. This will be the final touring Barefaced cab for the forseeable future. Departure next week if all goes to plan. Here's the route:

Captain Rumble - Portsmouth
jasperjames - Portsmouth
AndyMartin - Portsmouth

back to Barefaced HQ

davidmpires - Sevenoaks
discreet - SE London
BassBen - Greenhithe, Dartford
crez5150 - Essex
Sharkfinger - Essex
Paul S - Benfleet, Essex
Alec - Ware, Herts
Legion - Ipswich
pete.young - Ipswich
harmonicfish - Cambridge
Alien - Milton Keynes
Gadge - Milton Keynes
MoonBassAlpha - Didcot
PURPOLARIS - Swindon
Gunsfreddy2003 - Cirencester/Cheltenham
gafbass02 - Cheltenham
BassBod - Bristol
xzodar - Bristol
TheRev - Bristol
orangepeelneil - Bristol
(gerryc - Weymouth)
cocco - Cardiff

-> FedEx ->

daz - Chester
Bass Culture - Chester
Uncle Balsamic - Wirral
Etienne - Liverpool
270degrees - South Manchester
guyl - Stockport
hubrad - Bradford
bobbass4k - York/Canterbury
EvilSmile - York
benh - Bridlington

-> FedEx ->

eude - Edinburgh
AndyBob09 - Glasgow

-> FedEx ->

back to Barefaced HQ

If you're on the list I expect an email ([email protected]) so I can send you the user manual. It's not your average 1x12" and if you treat it as such you'll not hear its full potential! I want this cab to move FAST - so a week each, tops. As with all the Barefaced cabs it is best heard in a loud rehearsal or gig, otherwise it may not seem that impressive. It sounds nice quiet but the joy is that it keeps on sounding nice as you turn it up to earplug-required SPL, so please try to schedule a rehearsal if you don't have a gig, or book a practice room and drag your drummer along for some groove practice.

We are now in 2011 and it seems like everyone has a phone with a camera on it, or indeed a smartphone which makes things even easier. Take a photo of the cab with in your rig, next to your current cab too if possible, and either post it up here or email it to me. Please post any and all thoughts, good or bad. If it isn't sounding as good/loud as you hope then read the manual and if that doesn't help email me. So far most people like the Midget once they use it right, which is nice.

As this has taken an age to sort out, if you no longer want to take part please post below. If you'd like to add yourself you have until the cab departs - anyone who can fill the geographic gaps, much appreciated!

gerryc, you're a little out on a limb from the Bristol lot down in Weymouth - so you can either sort out something with the Bristolians or I can lend you a cab for a week when I'm next down in Weymouth.

Unfortunately I'll take myself off the list, as my drummer has just found out he has a back problem which will pretty much wipe out gigging for the first half of the year, and uncertain about the second. If someone else could have it for the week in my place and actually get to gig it that would be better I think. I'll just have to wait 'til I can afford to buy one eh!

Can I be put on the list pretty please,

Im in Exeter Devon.

Already have one of your compacts which is pretty awesome. Serioulsy looking to get the midget in the next few months to put on top!!!

I often drive past Weymuf Gerry so could pick up from yee!

Edited by patch006

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Is it too late to be added to list, I live near Portsmouth, and travel to Brighton quite often, Gig/ jam 3 nights a week at least, so would only need a couple of days to try, and maybe could pickup, or deliver back, to Brighton, if it helps!

Ta Mike.

• 4 months later...

[s]Can I be added to the list please? Tunbridge Wells, Kent.

I'm fairly certain I want a second cab to go with my Compact, but am undecided as to whether it'll be a Midget, a Midget-t or even a second Compact. Trying a Midget t will let me work out if I want the tweeter (I've never yet used a tweeter equipped cab where I haven't switched off/turned down the tweeter within minutes) and If the Midget is a better option for me than another Compact :)[/s]

Scrub that, it'll be a while before I get around to adding a second cab and I already know it'll be a Midget

Edited by clauster

• 1 month later...