Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Midget T on tour

Everyone, expect the Midget T to be departing in early July. It seems that lots of people have suddenly twigged that it's something quite special and we have thus had a burst of orders, which have to come first. We don't normally put two Speakons on unless you specifically request it (less than 2% have) but we will for this example.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been gassing for a couple of midgets. Would like to try them out on stage and see if I get on with them. I'd put one on top of the other, maybe with the bottom one rotated through ninety degrees so everyone can hear what's going on. Then I'd give them both a good pumping for an hour or so, and see how they take it!

[quote name='discreet' post='885010' date='Jul 3 2010, 07:23 PM']I've been gassing for a couple of midgets. Would like to try them out on stage and see if I get on with them. I'd put one on top of the other, maybe with the bottom one rotated through ninety degrees so everyone can hear what's going on. Then I'd give them both a good pumping for an hour or so, and see how they take it![/quote]

You filthy beast! Leave those midgets alone!

[quote name='gjones' post='885866' date='Jul 4 2010, 09:49 PM']You filthy beast! Leave those midgets alone![/quote]

:) :rolleyes: :lol:

If you're a midget, and have a friend (or preferably a relative) who is a midget, and you're both nymphomaniac exhibitionists, please email me at

[email protected]

with a few appropriate pictures, if possible. Thanks! :lol:

Edit: If you are a genuine midget and I've offended you, I apologise profusely.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Alec' post='854351' date='Jun 2 2010, 12:08 AM']I'd be interested too. Ware, Herts.

So frustrating that it's so hard to get to try decent bass kit, as there's so much choice, but none of it nearby![/quote]

As I live in Enfield and gig in Essex, I would suggest being the conduit between crez5150 and Alec.

Please take me off the list, not sure where exactly in the UK I'm going to be over the next few months, so I don't want to cause a blip in this cab's progress around the country.
Maybe next time...

Eude

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry about this but people keep buying the damned things! :) They must have heard the rumour that it's as small as and lighter than many 1x10"s but can play louder than many 2x10"s... Witchcraft!

I was reminded of a great quote by Greenboy recently:

"1x10 cabs, do they exist? - well, yeah, but JUST BARELY
...Just barely, on the live performance SPL and tone scale."

I also wouldn't mind a free trial being this the cab i'm aiming for my next rig but i'm not seeing it crossing the big pond for an overnight trial... i'm just gonna have to wait until i finally get the Shuttle 9.0 i'm after and take the plunge on the T'Midget. Hope i won't end up wishing for a Super12 instead... lol

Alex, this is great marketing. Keep those good ideas comming :)

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' post='922189' date='Aug 12 2010, 12:06 AM']I also wouldn't mind a free trial being this the cab i'm aiming for my next rig but i'm not seeing it crossing the big pond for an overnight trial... i'm just gonna have to wait until i finally get the Shuttle 9.0 i'm after and take the plunge on the T'Midget. Hope i won't end up wishing for a Super12 instead... lol

Alex, this is great marketing. Keep those good ideas comming :)[/quote]
On the bright side, GB, there should be quite a few user reviews popping up once the cab gets moving, so you'll get a good bit of info from a player's point of view. If it helps, I tried the Compact on the last Barefaced tour and was well impressed; I'm just more into the tone of smaller speakers.
Can't wait to get my hands on the Midget, but well busy at the mo so not bouncing off the walls just yet!

[quote name='pete.young' post='911040' date='Jul 31 2010, 10:56 AM']Me too please - I'm in Ipswich.[/quote]
Ditto, if possible I'd also like to be on the list if its coming to East Anglia as I'm seriously considering going down the Barefaced route. I'm in Ipswich also.