Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Vintage

Finbar

Okay, I've had this cab for a couple of months now probably, and I've decided that I think I just prefer the sound of my Schroeder over it. The Vintage sounds way better for traditional sounds, and that's not what I'm aiming at :rolleyes: It is in the same condition I received it in from the previous owner (thestick), which was by and large excellent. There is a slight fraying of the grille in the corners where I think thestick has had the front off to have a look underneath, but I've never even bothered to remove the grille myself. The rhino coating is strong stuff, and the cab is light, but well built - I have sat on top of it, and it has withstood all 14 stone of me, so there is nothing to worry about there :)

The cab is a 2x15 operating at 4 ohms, and will handle just about anything you throw at it. The Barefaced site has it rated at 1200W. I've had my Matamp GT200 running full tilt into this thing with a massive array of disgusting effects and it hasn't ever felt like it couldn't cope. Goes really deep and has kept up with my fairly loud band without a problem. There really is nothing wrong with it in terms of performance, it just isn't for me. I've used it only for practices since I've had it. It is a really versatile cab though - I wouldn't say there is a style it can't do well, except maybe that Marcus Miller type of slap sound. It'll do good sounding slap just fine though :lol:

It's fairly large, but not overly so. The dimensions are 39" high x 24" wide x 13.5" deep. However, the cab has tilt and roll wheels, 2 side handles and a top handle - all 3 of which can be used in conjunction with each other, or even to lift the whole cab in one hand - yes it's that light! 46 lbs apparently. Moving this thing is not a problem at all.

The cab has a fitted Roqsolid cab cover, and comes with the foam port plugs used for adjusting the port tunings. Ideally I'd like to not have to ship it (I'm located in Sheffield), but I am open to it if collection is impossible. As I say, this has seen little use since I've obtained it, so I'm asking for roughly what I paid for it. Looking for £550.

Pictures will follow when I can get to the practice room to take some, but here is one featuring dodgy perspective:

Edited by Finbar

[quote name='Finbar' post='827010' date='May 4 2010, 12:05 AM']Yeah, didn't mention I'm not looking for trades by the way, thanks for reminding me :)

Unless you happen to have a Schroeder 4x12 lying around? I'd be all over that.[/quote]

Tecamp 6x12?

• 1 month later...

Should really make more of an effort to sell this. Too big for us to take to gigs in the 2 hatchbacks we currently use, so I'm just not getting any real use from this!

Here's a few pictures I took a while ago. Just got round to uploading them. Excuse the quality, my phone's still living in the dark ages of 3.2 megapixels and our practice room isn't that well lit :)

A front view - snazzy old school grille:

Rear view - no nonsense speakon connection. Also can see the rear handle and the tilt/roll wheels:

Side on - it's really pretty shallow for a big cab:

Front view of the cover - it's a good fit!:

Rear view of the cover - handy cut-out for the wheels:

Size comparison shot - placed next to a Peavey guitar 4x12. Most people know how big a 4x12 cab is, right?:

Edited by Finbar

Oooohh, I'm liking this a lot! I wonder if I would be able to sell two Ashdown 4x10s in time to buy this... :)

BTW, what do the sponges in the ports do?

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' post='859113' date='Jun 6 2010, 06:23 PM']BTW, what do the sponges in the ports do?[/quote]

They lower the port tuning to alter the response. Set for a low tuning there, so the lows roll off earlier and smoothly, rather than going even to a certain point then dropping off rapidly. So it sounds like a sealed cab for valve amps.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Clarky' post='878855' date='Jun 27 2010, 02:33 PM']Don't suppose you are driving down near London any time soon as I'm quite interested in this as a pair for my new Orange valve amp (AD200B)?[/quote]

You mean pairing it up with the Orange, or running a pair of Vintages from the Orange for your new Doom direction?

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='878857' date='Jun 27 2010, 02:36 PM']You mean pairing it up with the Orange, or running a pair of Vintages from the Orange for your new Doom direction?[/quote]
One Orange + One Vintage!

One day Mr Foxen I will learn what all this "doom" is about :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='878860' date='Jun 27 2010, 02:37 PM']One Orange + One Vintage!

One day Mr Foxen I will learn what all this "doom" is about :)[/quote]

THIS is almost DOOM, although verges on just super heavy rock n roll - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb0xkgE97b8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb0xkgE97b8...feature=related[/url]

Sorry OT!

[quote name='Clarky' post='878860' date='Jun 27 2010, 02:37 PM']One day Mr Foxen I will learn what all this "doom" is about :)[/quote]

If you'd have pulled this amp out at the bash today I would have shown you! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Musicman20' post='878882' date='Jun 27 2010, 03:19 PM']THIS is almost DOOM, although verges on just super heavy rock n roll - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb0xkgE97b8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb0xkgE97b8...feature=related[/url]

Sorry OT![/quote]

DUDE! was that really necessary!?

i like it :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='howieee' post='881422' date='Jun 29 2010, 10:14 PM']DUDE! was that really necessary!?

i like it :) :rolleyes:[/quote]
Caught the mighty Boris at the Garage a few weeks ago - excellent! But was more their psychrock (veering towards indie) side rather than their superheavy r'n'r / doom side. Anyone into a bit of heaviosity could do a lot worse than check out our [b]New Heavy Sounds[/b] club night :lol:

[url="http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126056250767804"]http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126056250767804[/url]

PS Sorry for the thread hijack / self-promotion!

Crikey. No interest for two months, then a host of people all come along at once. This is just a quick internet check for two minutes before I pop right out again, but I will try my best to reply to people either before I go out, or as soon as I get back in this evening. Not forgotten people! D:

[quote name='Clarky' post='883422' date='Jul 1 2010, 09:15 PM']I just bought one of these tonight and can attest how amazingly light these cabs are as well as great sounding. Have a bump on me[/quote]
Good work :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='883422' date='Jul 1 2010, 09:15 PM']I just bought one of these tonight and can attest how amazingly light these cabs are as well as great sounding. Have a bump on me[/quote]

welcome to the club!! Is yours tweetered?

[quote name='MythSte' post='883518' date='Jul 1 2010, 10:56 PM']welcome to the club!! Is yours tweetered?[/quote]
I'm too scared to take off grill cloth in case I screw something up! There's no dial on the back if thats a clue. I bought if off Doctorbass - he didn't mention a tweeter. However, I thought the Vintage was a 2x15 plain and simple, ie, no tweeter option????