Why become a member? ×

Intro..

markstuk

Just doing the intro thing after coming back to bass playing after a long time off.. When I left my Rickenbacker 4001 and HiWatt 200/2x15 setup was considered somewhat fashionable which tells you how long ago that was... Although I did rather like the WAL probass one of my mates had just bought at the time..

Now back with an Aria IGB-50 and Ashdown EB180/15. And impressed....

Tata for now..

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='alanbass1' post='827915' date='May 4 2010, 09:31 PM']4001's and Hiwatt's are still up there in my books - welcome[/quote]

:-)
I suspect this is a common mid life crisis thing but it's really bitten again.... Plus there is so much good (great by late 70's/80's standards) gear around.. I fell for an Ibanez SR765 2003 MIJ and looking to start gigging again found a nice Ashdown EB300/15 with Kappa loaded MAJ 15" extension cab for £185.. It's clear the Kappa is a much nicer speaker than the Ashdown one :-) or it's in a better cab.. or both..

Now where do I look for a band these days? I suspect Melody Maker/NME are somewhat passe now :-)

cheers

Mark

[quote name='Musky' post='841743' date='May 19 2010, 09:40 AM']Hi Mark.

I've found Gumtree to be good for musicians ads, but there are a number of other sites like partysounds and joinmyband that others have found to be useful. :)[/quote]

Cheers.. When I get over having really sore fingertips from overplaying I'll check them out :-)