Why become a member? ×

Just got my first ever bass rig!

Adam.M

Well I started playing bass again two weeks ago, now i have a bass I'm actually happy with and a bass rig that doesn't fart at me!

I can honestly blame crappy overpriced cheap gear for my move to guitar after only 6 months of bass playing, but damn am I glad to be back.

I was never a very good guitarist... i was fast, speedy shreddy shreddy shred, but it was like real-life guitar hero w***ery. Hated it.

So i got my Squire VMJ a few days ago, which i'm incredibly happy with and i'm glad i saw it mentioned here otherwise i might still be stuck with a damned three-millions-settings-but-none-quite-that-fantastic pod thing!

And today, i got a MAG 210T Deep cab and Electric Blue 180H, for a tiny sum of 180 queens heads.

Now i only really got this because i figure, i was going to get a MAG 210 brand new and for an extra 30 quid, i'd have an amp head i could at least use for a backup.

But damn, i really like this amp! it's just like the MAG300 i tried in sound control, a slightly less than clear tone but damned good for the cash.

Sure i'll be getting myself a Little Mark II as soon as just because they're so damned light... but this will do me for now.

But anyway, to the point, this EB180H has a VU meter, now i know these are just for show really but, every picture I've seen the head doesn't have the VU meter like this... only the 180 combo does.

Is this an earlier version? just would like to know it's history...

So happy I'm back in bass land! and very happy the forum i originally joined all those years ago is still around, even if in another name.

[quote name='Adam.M' post='89709' date='Nov 16 2007, 11:36 PM']But anyway, to the point, this EB180H has a VU meter, now i know these are just for show really but, every picture I've seen the head doesn't have the VU meter like this... only the 180 combo does.[/quote]

I have one of those on my ABM500 and I have always found it to be very useful. It's the Dogs' for setting up the input level.