Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Marshall VBA400 / VBC810

DrGonzo

Howdy folks.

For sale today I have a lovely Marshall VBA400 and fridge.

I've had it since new for some 8 years now. Its been in and out of use for much of that time, I'd say only around 5 years of real playing use.

It's been in the wars a little, especially the cab (as you might expect!) so has the usual associated scrapes etc. to the tolex.

Mechanically fine, and has been re-valved a few years back. I also have the old valves and will include with the amp for spares etc. One of these is blown, but unfortunately I didn't mark which. Cretin!

Has been in a studio for the last year or so and has had very light use there.

The cab is fully functioning sound-wise but has severely damaged wheels that would need to be replaced before using it really - unless you have a well-trained drummer to lug it about with you.

Will take pictures at rehearsal tomorrow.

Also am happy to sell separately to aid a sale, although would rather sell them as a pair for obvious reasons.

From looking at the others for sale here I'm thinking around the £650 mark for the head + 7 6550's, £250 for the cab due to its dilapidated state. £800 the pair. Paid around £1600 for this rig (and got a bit of a deal) so bargain central here.

As for trades, looking for quite a bit of stuff at the mo. Amps with a valve pre/SS power would be nice, and looking for a decent replacement for a Mesa 4x10 I sold recently. Also in the market for a pretty Jazz and thinking about getting an acoustic bass for jamming - but any trades not involving a cab would need to be +cash, as I'll need to replace the cab for gigging soon.

Hope this little tidbit tempts someone... The joys of GAS!

*edit for photo*

More / high quality photos to come next week - sorry folks, I'm away this weekend.

[attachment=48618:Marshall_VBA.jpg]

Edited by DrGonzo

Hey mate. Sorry, left my phone at home last night. Got the git-arist to take photos but he hasn't sent them over yet. Should have some up tonight.

Edit - details for the cab as follows:

640 Watt Output (RMS)
Speaker Configuration 8 X 10"
4 Ohms Impedance
Dimensions: 675 x 1265 x 410
Weight: 72kg

details for the head:
Active/Passive Inputs
Gain Control
3 Band Rotary EQ
3 Position Mid Contour
Deep Switch
Bright Switch
Master Volume
Tuner Output
Tuner Mute Switch
DI Pre/Post Switch
DI XLR with Earth Lift Switch
FX Send & Return
Fan Speed Selector
Impedance Select Switch
8 X 6550 Output Valve
3 X ECC83 & 1 X ECC82 Pre-Amp Valves
Dimensions: 670 x 275 x 325
Weight: 36kg

Edited by DrGonzo

[quote name='DrGonzo' post='822953' date='Apr 29 2010, 12:47 PM']Hey mate. Sorry, left my phone at home last night. Got the git-arist to take photos but he hasn't sent them over yet. Should have some up tonight.

Edit - details for the cab as follows:

640 Watt Output (RMS)
Speaker Configuration 8 X 10"
4 Ohms Impedance
Dimensions: 675 x 1265 x 410
Weight: 72kg

details for the head:
Active/Passive Inputs
Gain Control
3 Band Rotary EQ
3 Position Mid Contour
Deep Switch
Bright Switch
Master Volume
Tuner Output
Tuner Mute Switch
DI Pre/Post Switch
DI XLR with Earth Lift Switch
FX Send & Return
Fan Speed Selector
Impedance Select Switch
8 X 6550 Output Valve
3 X ECC83 & 1 X ECC82 Pre-Amp Valves
Dimensions: 670 x 275 x 325
Weight: 36kg[/quote]
Hi There
Am interested in the cab. Could travel up from Lancashire to collect. Wouldn't mind meeting at, say , Tebay services. if at all poss. How would that be for you?Let me know. contact details - 01282 441 700 or 07956 446 754 or 01282 778 293 (evenings only).
Regards
Shug

[quote name='shug' post='824137' date='Apr 30 2010, 03:16 PM']Hi There
Am interested in the cab. Could travel up from Lancashire to collect. Wouldn't mind meeting at, say , Tebay services. if at all poss. How would that be for you?Let me know. contact details - 01282 441 700 or 07956 446 754 or 01282 778 293 (evenings only).
Regards
Shug[/quote]

Sounds like a plan Shug. Will call on Monday when I have signal to make the arrangements.

[quote name='DrGonzo' post='824701' date='May 1 2010, 11:41 AM']Sounds like a plan Shug. Will call on Monday when I have signal to make the arrangements.[/quote]
Excellent, Doctor Gonzo (if that's your real name)
Isn't technology wonderful
Shug

[quote name='shug' post='824774' date='May 1 2010, 12:58 PM']Excellent, Doctor Gonzo (if that's your real name)
Isn't technology wonderful
Shug[/quote]
Ahem
How you do, Doktor? You wanna set this meet up, old bean?
regards
Shug

[quote name='DrGonzo' post='824701' date='May 1 2010, 11:41 AM']Sounds like a plan Shug. Will call on Monday when I have signal to make the arrangements.[/quote]
Msg to Doc
You up for this transaction?
Regards
Shug

[quote name='DrGonzo' post='821194' date='Apr 27 2010, 09:13 PM']Howdy folks.

I've had it since new for some 8 years now. Its been in and out of use for much of that time, I'd say only around 5 years of real playing use.

It's been in the wars a little, especially the cab (as you might expect!) so has the usual associated scrapes etc. to the tolex.

Mechanically fine, and has been re-valved a few years back. I also have the old valves and will include with the amp for spares etc. One of these is blown, but unfortunately I didn't mark which. Cretin!

The cab is fully functioning sound-wise but has severely damaged wheels that would need to be replaced before using it really - unless you have a well-trained drummer to lug it about with you.

Also am happy to sell separately to aid a sale, although would rather sell them as a pair for obvious reasons.

From looking at the others for sale here I'm thinking around the £650 mark for the head + 7 6550's, £250 for the cab due to its dilapidated state. £800 the pair. Paid around £1600 for this rig (and got a bit of a deal) so bargain central here.

As for trades, looking for quite a bit of stuff at the mo. Amps with a valve pre/SS power would be nice, and looking for a decent replacement for a Mesa 4x10 I sold recently. Also in the market for a pretty Jazz and thinking about getting an acoustic bass for jamming - but any trades not involving a cab would need to be +cash, as I'll need to replace the cab for gigging soon.

*edit for photo*

More / high quality photos to come next week - sorry folks, I'm away this weekend.

[attachment=48618:Marshall_VBA.jpg][/quote]
Hi Doctor
Am still looking to acquire this cab if it's still available. How are we fixed?
RSVP
Shug

• 2 weeks later...

Hah! So you claim, Doctor, so you claim.
A reply to my numerous e mails would've been deemed polite.
Ah, well.
Shug

*edit for photo*

• 4 weeks later...

*edit for photo*

Dear Doctor
Do you still have the 8x10? If so, please contact me and we can discuss terms. My numbers are 07956 446 754 or 01282 441 700 or 01282 778293 (home).
Hpe to hear from you soon
Shug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

*edit for photo*

Hey,Doktor
You still got the cab?
Regards
Shug