Why become a member? ×

High end bass combos

Aussiephoenix

[quote name='TimmyC' post='89683' date='Nov 16 2007, 10:21 PM']If I were you, I'd get rid of the rack and put the markbass in a small carry bag. The cab is going to be the same weight or lighter than a decent size combo anyway.[/quote]

Hmmm, I dont know what the electrical circuits are like in bars/venues/rehearsal rooms over where you live, but out here the current isnt stable at all, and the reason I have the markbass in a rack is because I HAVE to have my QuikLok Voltage Regulator.
You wouldnt believe the difference, no funny interference noises, no electrical spikes, etc. I decided to protect my investment.
(but yeah, that adds about 7kg to my rack...)

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='90771' date='Nov 19 2007, 12:30 PM']Have you tried lifting the GORM Neo? I think you may be more than surprised![/quote]
I havent actually... Neo speakers are supposed to be a lot lighter right?

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='94483' date='Nov 26 2007, 12:28 PM']Hmmm, I dont know what the electrical circuits are like in bars/venues/rehearsal rooms over where you live, but out here the current isnt stable at all, and the reason I have the markbass in a rack is because I HAVE to have my QuikLok Voltage Regulator.
You wouldnt believe the difference, no funny interference noises, no electrical spikes, etc. I decided to protect my investment.
(but yeah, that adds about 7kg to my rack...)[/quote]

Ah I see your in Portugal. I've never had any problems with just using my amp and must have played at about 50+ places

[quote name='ped' post='89449' date='Nov 16 2007, 03:11 PM']Quite a difficult situation to be in mate. As my own combo weighs about 100ib, I thought I would get one of these: [url="http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/truck-best-garden-trolley-there-p-17.html"]http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/truck-bes...there-p-17.html[/url] I remember trying one whilst helping a friend move house ages ago and it really did cope with stairs well. Having just had a mega operation on my back I will not be buying one any time soon, but Kiwi is I think, so maybe he will be kind enough to do us a review.

ped[/quote]
Looks good, but doesn't look like it packs that flat.

I used to have a great little fold down trolley that folded down to no more than an inch high but would carry my Trace 122H combo plus 3 metal leades cases without breaking a sweat. I am sure I saw them in a local DIY store not so long back for about £20. Mind you that that is b'all use to you in Portugal.