Why become a member? ×

Sandberg PM5

JD1

Sandberg PM5. Bookmatched bubinga top with matching headstock. Block inlays and black hardware. Delano pups and I believe a Glock pre amp. It also has a passive option.

This is a great bass and is unmarked. Very versatile. Does a reasonable stingray impression (maybe a bit less scooped) and its not too shabby as a P bass either - although I've not used the P pup as much as I thought I would. Only downside is its not the lightest bass I've ever had. I will sort out pics asap but in the meantime there is a pic in a previous thread:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=49610&hl=sandberg"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=sandberg[/url]

There are also some sound clips at DWband.co.uk. Not the best as its DI (from a GK head post eq) taken from the desk. Also the mid and top are boosted quite a bit to cut through the wall of guitar, keys and brass in that band - still it will give you an idea.

I have an incoming classic SR5 so I'm looking to trade this for something that gives me a different option sound wise - probably looking at a J bass derivative but not completely married to that. Just thought I would gauge interest and see what's out there.

Tried some Laklands that I really liked so that would be a good starting point - 55-02, JO5 or a DJ5.

Only looking at trades and only intersted in 5 strings.

Either collection from the north east or I may be in the Leeds, Nottingham and Telford areas over the next couple of weeks. NB: I have a mate who might be interested in buying it so I might withdraw it if he makes his mind up :)

Thanks

John

[quote name='JD1' post='815091' date='Apr 22 2010, 03:37 PM']Sandberg PM5. Bookmatched bubinga top with matching headstock. Block inlays and black hardware. Delano pups and I believe a Glock pre amp. It also has a passive option.

This is a great bass and is unmarked. Very versatile. Does a reasonable stingray impression (maybe a bit less scooped) and its not too shabby as a P bass either - although I've not used the P pup as much as I thought I would. Only downside is its not the lightest bass I've ever had. I will sort out pics asap but in the meantime there is a pic in a previous thread:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=49610&hl=sandberg"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=sandberg[/url]

There are also some sound clips at DWband.co.uk. Not the best as its DI (from a GK head post eq) taken from the desk. Also the mid and top are boosted quite a bit to cut through the wall of guitar, keys and brass in that band - still it will give you an idea.

I have an incoming classic SR5 so I'm looking to trade this for something that gives me a different option sound wise - probably looking at a J bass derivative but not completely married to that. Just thought I would gauge interest and see what's out there.

Tried some Laklands that I really liked so that would be a good starting point - 55-02, JO5 or a DJ5.

Only looking at trades and only intersted in 5 strings.

Either collection from the north east or I may be in the Leeds, Nottingham and Telford areas over the next couple of weeks. NB: I have a mate who might be interested in buying it so I might withdraw it if he makes his mind up :)

Thanks

John[/quote]Lovely basses & Johns a good bloke to deal with, someone will be very happy with this one!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JD1' post='815091' date='Apr 22 2010, 03:37 PM']Sandberg PM5.

John[/quote]
Nice sound and really nice playing btw!!