Why become a member? ×

Carlsbro Cobra Bass 112 Combo

eubassix

Carlsbro Cobra Bass 112 Combo
Size: H=26inch. W=18.5inch. D=12inch Weight: about 50lb (22kg) Power: 90w
EQ: 5 push button - band pass filters + high mid & low plus "Deep" switch Speaker: 12inch (150w. Rated)
Other: Tolex (not at all bad for age, with some nicks/repairs) + plastic/rubber trim. This amp was made quite a few years ago but remains in pretty good condition. Carlsbro sturdiness & reliability. The 12" speaker (replaced/upgraded) is loud, and the unit features 5 band pass filters, plus Hi Mid & Low EQ (rotary), which is more than adequate. Plus the "DEEP" switch, akin to a turbo-boost Bass. You can also use the D.I.-out, and plug into the P.A. The layout is very easy to understand, and is placed on the top of the cab', so there is no bending down to view or change any of the settings. The old, original cover and speaker were a bit tired, so were replaced with a an Ampeg(Eminence) 150w/8-ohm rated better-quality bass speaker and a smooth, black cloth cover. Something of a classic unit and also reasonably portable in terms of size and weight. Good for small venues and practice. Collection/meet-up (north-east) prefered but would be able to package/send if required.
I've had this for quite some time and haven't used it for ages ... so really looking to get-rid. Will be willing to accept any reasonable offer (collection/meet-up preferred but not essential)

Edited by eubassix

Awww my first decent amp as well! Parents bought on the never never from McKays in Newcastle. Sounded great - but I'd had crap before so it would. If I remember it could hold its own with a drummer.

[quote name='Bilbo' post='813707' date='Apr 21 2010, 01:03 PM']This was my first amp. Brings back memories!![/quote]

Me too!! Still have mine in storage somewhere (i overheated it a while back).

Perfect practise/rehearsal amp and a great price.

I had one of these too, in my school days. It was plenty loud enough for playing alongside choirs and orchestras in a big school hall at concerts. A basic amp, but a solid performer.

Well worth £80.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='eubassix' post='863997' date='Jun 11 2010, 08:38 AM']...well, I can check on the Courier cost if you're interested: might not be so bad. I'll check online with dimensions etc. and post here.[/quote]

Why not, might help you get rid of this to someone if not me!

• 1 month later...