Why become a member? ×

warwickhunt... am I?

warwickhunt

Traded my Zon Sonus to John for a Warwick Streamer of his yesterday. A real gent with great taste in basses, and quite happy to let me have a go on a few to see what they're like! He has also offered to adjust my Streamer in future if it needs a tweak as it settles down. Top stuff, would recommend him to any Basschatter thinking of doing a deal.

• 1 month later...

I've bought this Zon Sonus that John has traded back from Chris2112 not a long time ago. The bass came in yesterday, and first thing to notice is the box. Box (as John has remarked originally) would survive the drop off the airplane (if only a slight exaggeration). The way the bass was packed IN the box surprised me even more - wrapped in this bubblewrap/cardboard so well, with the special arrangement for the headstock safety, would survive a tsunami easily.
The bass is shining, clean, everything - as described in the original thread (not a single ding extra). In reality the bass looks even better than on the pics.
As for the communication, John has always been very attentive to all my questions/requests, very easy and understanding. One thing has exceeded my expectations: very often the sellers are not flexible at all, especially when it comes to the methods of payment. Not John, he took a slight risk but he comprehended the situation (I know Americans would probably think it is a scam), and everything worked out well.
I am not "singing serenades" by this feedback, but I absolutely recommend John, Chris is right - a real gent, and I feel like I might have another deal with him some time in future!

• 5 weeks later...

Just sold a Yamaha mixing desk to John. Very nice guy and so easy to talk to. Great communication and very upfront and honest. What a collection of basses - Whow !!!
Liked the Parker.
Would highly recommend John to anyone.

Thanks and good luck with the new project. Hamer 12 string bass required me thinks. :lol:
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1329054011' post='1536495']
Pleasure meeting with you Dave (and many thanks again for bringing the desk in person). Does the rack tray idea look like it will work for you?
[/quote]

Hi John
Not had a chance to look at the rack tray as yet. I had to leave the house 10:30 this morning to get to Studio in Glasgow.
Will get a better look tomorrow night after work but it does look promising.
Thanks for the tray. It's very much appreciated.
All best
Dave

• 3 weeks later...

John bought my super-light Ibanez Affirma and was very patient sorting out an earthing issue that had arisen with one of the pickups of which I had been unaware. I am very pleased he now has the bass he thought he was getting and I can - like all above - thoroughly recommend him as a good guy to do business with :)

• 1 month later...

Years back John sold me a Warwick streamer, last week I sold him the pickups from a warwick streamer. From a different bass but I like the idea that I would be selling his bass back to him in parts! In the middle of my uni hand ins and all the stress of that John is brilliant and an effortless sale to someone you can trust completely. Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Just did the cliched halfway meet with John to sell him a beloved Hamer Cruise. What a great guy, happy to meet at a place and time of my choosing, straightforward sale made more pleasurable by the chance to swap war stories with a fellow basschatter. I have sold to him now multiple times. Consider this glowing feedback. If you read this John, you have 2 feedback threads, get em merged so you can demonstrate your legendary barter status ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1342522570' post='1736436']
Ouch! I'm reaching 'dealer' status... I thought that was reserved for the likes of Clarky et al! :lol:
[/quote]
Oi! Bit cheeky given you have just sold me a bass n'all :P

Edited by Clarky

• 3 weeks later...

Thats my trio from John.

2 Warwicks and a Parker. All three of them fantastic basses in top condition and a pleasure to take possession.

The Parker is awesome, arrived as promised and very well packaged.

John is top man to trade with and a role model for all other GAS sufferers or gear junkies on how to trade.

Cheers John

Col

• 2 months later...