Why become a member? ×

warwickhunt... am I?

warwickhunt

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='192327' date='May 5 2008, 05:28 PM']well John had a rather nice blue bass, he let me pester him for a bit then decided to sell it.
rather than work out all the postage and that (and it was a sunny day) he decided it would be easier to get in a car, drive for miles to another country and visit me at work to give it to me.

What a top guy, i have a feeling that if he sold you something that required it he would give you a spare kettle lead! :)
Oh and I now have a warwick after years of wanting one.[/quote]

:huh: Cheers Luke, it was a pleasure! Look after Bluey and it'll give you years of great service... enjoy.

Luke was a top guy to deal with and even though he was earning the minimum wage at work on the day, he still had time to make us a fantastic cuppa ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='kdphysio' post='220656' date='Jun 17 2008, 03:24 PM']just had the good fortune to purchase a couple of bits from this top fellow (gerber multi-tools....always worth keeping in the gig-bag!), & as previously mentioned, john is indeed a fine chap to deal with.

thanks mate, karl[/quote]

Cheers Karl, likewise a pleasure dealing with you :)

A shameless plug that if anyone wants a Gerber or Leatherman tool, I've packed in the eBay lark and have a bunch of these available.

• 3 weeks later...

Just purchased some "bling" gold straplocks from John. Not exactly a Warwick Thumb I know, but I'm excited anyway.

Quality service, and a canny blurke to boot. Arrived very quickly.

Just waiting to take him up on the offer of a cuppa (and stottie sandwich) one day!

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='236900' date='Jul 10 2008, 09:35 PM']Just purchased some "bling" gold straplocks from John. Not exactly a Warwick Thumb I know, but I'm excited anyway.

Quality service, and a canny blurke to boot. Arrived very quickly.

Just waiting to take him up on the offer of a cuppa (and stottie sandwich) one day![/quote]

Greggs is 300 yds from where I live and the kettle is always on :)

Cheers for a nice and easy transaction.

• 1 month later...

Likewise John should have done this ages ago (just getting into the feedback thing)
Did a deal with john to reunite him with an old flame, and in return i got a great sterling which is now a firm favourite and def a keeper, lovely bloke and a complete oracle of all things bass (especially warwick) and a pleasure to talk to.
cheers john- lee

Greggs is 300 yds from where I live and the kettle is always on :)

Cheers for a nice and easy transaction.
[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

Would you buy anything from a man that looks like this: :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='275579' date='Sep 2 2008, 04:28 PM']Some hairstyles never go out of fashion and jokes about pearl necklaces will have scorn heaped upon them... :huh:

[/quote]

I rest my case. :huh:

This Public Information Service has been brought to you by the anonymous, playful, Basschat autumn sprite :huh:

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='287822' date='Sep 20 2008, 08:45 AM']Would you buy anything from a man that looks like this: :)

I rest my case. :huh:

This Public Information Service has been brought to you by the anonymous, playful, Basschat autumn sprite :huh:[/quote]

You do realise that if I go into Photobucket and edited that image and insert a pic of Jonny Depp I'd make you look a right t*t... Nah you do a good enough job as it is :huh:

Anyway 'Autumn Sprite' what happened to your alter ego the 'Summer Heffalump' :unsure:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well...for a change, I didn't want a new Bass or to change my strings, and I have a Leatherman already, so I bought a flight-cased Mixing Desk off him. Good nick, even better price. What a stunning Bass Player, handsome beyond reason, all round good chap, and mature beyond his years. (That's another Tenner you owe me, John) ;) :P :)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='420571' date='Feb 27 2009, 01:54 AM']Well...for a change, I didn't want a new Bass or to change my strings, and I have a Leatherman already, so I bought a flight-cased Mixing Desk off him. Good nick, even better price. What a stunning Bass Player, handsome beyond reason, all round good chap, and mature beyond his years. (That's another Tenner you owe me, John) :P :) :huh:[/quote]

;)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Marcus' post='512331' date='Jun 12 2009, 05:48 PM']Another Jazz bass gets passed about between me and John !!

This time I take ownership of my "old" EMG equipped Squier - Welcome home !!! As good a Jazz Bass as I've owned under a Grand !!

Top Bloke the Hunt !!![/quote]

And in the process I take possession of an EBS comp-pedal! :)

I'm sure that Squier will end up back at it's 'Winter' home before too long.

Cheers mate.

Well we finally did a deal on a Precision - we've talked many times - and I'm hoping John finds that it's as close to 'the one' as he's ever likely to get. Lovely bloke, top BCer, and highly recommended as someone to deal with
Chris

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Beedster' post='512477' date='Jun 12 2009, 09:48 PM']Lovely bloke, top BCer, and highly recommended as someone to deal with
Chris[/quote]
+1 to that!

Just sold a mixer to John who's brilliant to deal with, always keeps in touch and is extremely knowledgable on all things bass!! Glad you noticed the packaging btw, which tells it's own story of too many mis-spent years buying & selling bass gear! ;-)

Thanks John!

[quote name='Marcus' post='512331' date='Jun 12 2009, 05:48 PM']Another Jazz bass gets passed about between me and John !!

This time I take ownership of my "old" EMG equipped Squier - Welcome home !!! As good a Jazz Bass as I've owned under a Grand !![/quote]

...and back to me again! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...