Why become a member? ×

warwickhunt... am I?

warwickhunt

I have known John a long time here on Basschat, but more in the capacity of trusted/respected Forum member and font of knowledge about many bass related things...

Anyway, back in July I sold a Hughes & Kettner Bassbase 600 amp to John which arrived in a terrible state, (no) thanks to UPS and their careless, thoughtless couriers...

Turned out that the amp wasn't working properly and the rack case was in absolute bits!

To cut a very, very long story short, John - after over 3 months of waiting - is finally in possession of one working Bassbase 600 and a new rack bag, which is great news! 

To say that he has the 'patience of a saint' would be to do a disservice to John because, as well as possessing that very fine quality, he's also been really understanding about the whole situation, kept in touch and been a pleasure to deal with throughout.

So, thank you very much for everything John and for those who haven't dealt with John yet here on Basschat, have no doubts at all because he is an absolute gentleman and a scholar to deal with.

Thanks again for your patience John and I hope that you are now getting a chance to enjoy the Bassbase finally. 😊

Nik

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@warwickhunt - I think this is the right thread! Ha

Just adding my 2 cents: recently purchased Fodera copy 5 string from John - he was really accommodating, helpful and friendly. 

Easy and smooth transaction, item very conscientiously packed (even threw in a gig bag for good measure!) and ultimately, an excellent bass for the price.

A pleasure - cheers John

John was great to buy from - organised a courier for me for a fabulous Ibanez bass (and even paid the top up on the cost after he was wrongly quoted a cost by UPS).

When the bass arrived, it was really well packed/protected within a padded gig bag, a load of bubble wrap & a bass box as well - was pretty bullet proof.

He also undersold the condition of the bass, mentioning marks on the headstock within the advert which I am having a tough time really finding.

All in all, a great basschatter to deal with 👍

• 2 months later...

Just bought a Marleuax Consat Straight 5 string from John. Great comms, great deal, as described. John was also helpful in negotiating a courier and packed the bass beautifully. What more can I say? A man of integrity who I would willingly do business with any time.

Edited by Bilbo

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...