Why become a member? ×

The Big Clear Out - Rickenbacker

Scoop

I'm not gigging at the moment for health reasons and although I expect that to change for the better in the months to come I thought it might be time to have a good look through my 11 strong stable of basses and make some hard decisions.

I've decided to keep the essentials: My four ACGs are sacrosanct; and any future bands (if I decide I can be arsed again) insisting on "traditional" basses will be happy with my KSD Jazz or my Lakland Precision, so I'm keeping those two.

That leaves the following for sale....
[b]Rickenbacker 4003 Blue Boy[/b]
Roscoe SKB3005
Schecter Stiletto Studio 4 Fretless
Status Electro Mk1
Warwick Fortress One

In this thread, we'll deal with the Rickenbacker. A bass I bought from Peter Cook's, new, in 2002. This bass has never been offered for sale before.

The price refelects the rarity and the price is firm.

No trades.

[b]A note to Tyre Kickers:[/b] Gosh, wouldn't it be lovely if it had three/five/six/eight/twelve strings because I just [i]know [/i]you'd have bitten my arm off and I already know how many of you would love it but are just too skint at the moment. Such a shame. Oh and it's neither overpriced nor underpriced. It's just priced. The quoted price is what I think it's worth. Your opinion on the subject doesn't matter.

[b]A note to genuinely interested parties:[/b] The colour is known as Blue Boy and this was a special edition which was not for sale in the USA. This was a very limited edition for sale in Japan (mainly) and a few made it over to Europe. I've only ever seen one other Ric in this colour, and I have never seen one in this colour for sale. Ever. Not suggesting they haven't been up for sale, I'm saying I haven't seen one. Case candy isn't available, I'm afraid, although the original supplied polishing cloth is.

The bass has been gigged (as it should be) but is ding, dent and chip free.

Note: There are blemishes in this finish. Blue Boy is an eggshell finish, semi matt, and reacts with sweat enyzmes to give a few areas of high gloss. Only really noticable close up and beyond my photographic ability to capture it.

[url="http://img237.imageshack.us/i/img0104editedresize.jpg/"][/url]
[url="http://img178.imageshack.us/i/img0105editedresizegh1.jpg/"][/url]

*Special Limited Edition Colour*

*Made in USA in 2002*

*Bubinga Fretboard*

*Thru Neck*

*Sharksfin Inlays*

*All Original*

*Traditional Ric Sounds*

*Original Rickenbacker Hardcase*

This is yours, Ladies and Gentlemen, for the [b]exceptional price of £1795.[/b]

The bass is currently on Merseyside.

Paypal (as a gift), bank transfer or good old face to face cash in hand accepted. Shipping is at your expense and by your preferred courier.

Edited by Scoop

[quote name='Scoop' post='809748' date='Apr 17 2010, 07:22 PM'][b]A note to Tyre Kickers:[/b] Gosh, wouldn't it be lovely if it had three/five/six/eight/twelve strings because I just [i]know [/i]you'd have bitten my arm off and I already know how many of you would love it but are just too skint at the moment. Such a shame. Oh and it's neither overpriced nor underpriced. It's just priced. The quoted price is what I think it's worth. Your opinion on the subject doesn't matter.[/quote]

Sorry pal, such a lovely bass, I have to kick the tyre, but see it as a bump, good luck with the sale and to the lucky git who gets it

[quote name='Scoop' post='812237' date='Apr 20 2010, 09:20 AM']This bass will be at the Moffat Bass bash this coming weekend if anyone would like to try before they buy.[/quote]

Superb news, I've never even seen a Rickenbacker up close and personal, but I've always wondered what it would be like.

[quote name='parker_muse' post='813580' date='Apr 21 2010, 11:19 AM']Just given savings... told to buy something big and i'll enjoy... OH GOD WHAT DO I DO![/quote]

I'm the wrong person to ask, really, but I'd buy it. Give into the GAS.

[quote name='parker_muse' post='813653' date='Apr 21 2010, 12:19 PM']I've always wanted a rick. There is one in a local shop, i'll go in and try one for an extended period before coming back to you. That baby blue is gorgeous.[/quote]

Good idea, just be aware that Ric neck thicknesses, (not widths), can vary from ultra thin to quite clubby. Mine is medium, I suppose, and very comfortable but the neck on the one in your local shop may be completely different.