Why become a member? ×

Gibson 1976 Ripper Bass!!! Back for sale

fleamail

I am selling this for a friend. Vintage Gibson Ripper Bass L9-S from 1976. Double cutaway Alder body, bold on maple neck, tunomatic bridge with the metal cover, two humbucker pickups, rotary switch!! Everything is 100% original. Has some marks as expected from a well played bass. The frets are still in great shape and hardware os clean, the neck is straight and it plays like a dream!!!. Comes with original hardcase. Pictures to follow

Price £680, grab it before I do

Edited by fleamail

[quote name='fleamail' post='88192' date='Nov 14 2007, 12:35 AM']I am selling this for a friend. Vintage Gibson Ripper Bass L9-S from 1976. Double cutaway Alder body, [b]bold on maple neck[/b], tunomatic bridge with the metal cover, two humbucker pickups, rotary switch!! Everything is 100% original. Has some marks as expected from a well played bass. The frets are still in great shape and hardware os clean, the neck is straight and it plays like a dream!!!. Comes with original hardcase. Pictures to follow

Price £680, grab it before I do[/quote]

The Ripper has a set neck.

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='Shaggy' post='88661' date='Nov 14 2007, 09:23 PM']Didn't the "Adam & the Ants" bassist have one of these? :)[/quote]

When he did his Kings Of The Wild Frontier re-invent? (After McLaren stole his backing band to make Bow Wow Wow). That was Kevin Mooney and I think he did have a ripper. He was replaced by Gary Tibbs after an "incident" on some TV show!

[url="http://www.4micula.de/images/kevin_terry_sig_bandphoto.jpg"]http://www.4micula.de/images/kevin_terry_sig_bandphoto.jpg[/url]

(soz.. not sure how to insert a pic, need to learn)

Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

I had one of these about 15 years ago. I inherited it from our bass player (I was on vocals/guitar at the time) who had to move to Argentina because of work. I never really appreciated it's true value but really loved it's versatile sound. It got stolen from our rehearsal room in the end. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...