Why become a member? ×

Nick Drake/Danny Thompson

Feelgood

Not sure if these have been screened before but thought I'd mention it as have just turned over to find it's on now (and repeated later).

There's a profile of Nick Drake and also the Barbican gig from Jan 2010 - various current muso-types and their interpretations ( :rolleyes: ) but featuring Danny Thompson!

If you're a fan of Nick Drake/Danny Thompson I'm sure it'll be worth a look.

Actually, if you've never heard of either it's probably worth a look.

If you not sure who ... oh well you get the idea! :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='808957' date='Apr 16 2010, 09:52 PM']The Guitarist has an interesting collection. So far the only one I've recognised is a Shergold 12 string ... :)[/quote]
That "Shergold" was a Burns Double 6................... :rolleyes:

Just out of interest, the young singer with a passing resemblance to Danny - and also called Thompson - is he Danny's son by any chance? It was weird hearing Green Gartside. His appearance may be middle-aged pirate, but his voice was just the same as it was in the 1980s!!

[quote name='Conan' post='812188' date='Apr 20 2010, 08:03 AM']Just out of interest, the young singer with a passing resemblance to Danny - and also called Thompson - is he Danny's son by any chance? It was weird hearing Green Gartside. His appearance may be middle-aged pirate, but his voice was just the same as it was in the 1980s!![/quote]

No, it was Teddy Thompson, who is the son of Richard and Linda Thompson, so still an impressive lineage!

[quote name='bobpalt' post='812191' date='Apr 20 2010, 08:08 AM']No, it was Teddy Thompson, who is the son of Richard and Linda Thompson, so still an impressive lineage![/quote]

Oh right! Cheers. Still, he bears an uncanny resemblance to DT!! Can't say I care too much for his voice though - especially singing in harmony... :)

[quote name='Conan' post='812195' date='Apr 20 2010, 08:11 AM']Oh right! Cheers. Still, he bears an uncanny resemblance to DT!! Can't say I care too much for his voice though - especially singing in harmony... :)[/quote]

Jeez . . . I'm glued to Pink Moon every chance I get - I love the dual vocal on it.

Mark