Why become a member? ×

New Warwick Tubepath 10.1

wateroftyne

On 25/11/2007 at 04:47, BassBalls said:

I have been told that some Warwick heads are not that reliable and are easily broken. We was talking about the Pro-fet heads. I have had no experience with Warwick heads apart from a mess around in a shop with a Pro-fet 3.2 and i though it sounded good for its price. Anyone have reliability issues with Warwick stuff?

I've been playing a pro fet 5.1 for 12 years and haven't had a single problem besides not having enough headroom. I plug her into a 411 pro and 115 pro cabs, and play in metal bands some I'm competing with two tube guitar amps. Buying a tub path 10.1 tomorrow though!

Well, there is a issue...because it works with high voltage (200V power stage transistors), one might be careful with how much gain he pushes the signal in the return input of the effect loop. I burned mine, fixed it professioally and sold it. Still in good condition today. Recently had the opportunity to grab a battered Tubepath 5.1, wich I'll have to fix and pay after what is worth. So, what's the second-hand price these days?

i bought mine supposedly working off of ebay for around £250.  Turns out the seller wasn't very honest and the amp had issues in that three internal fuse holders had snapped.  I made do with soldering the fuses to the remains of the fuseholders and the amp has worked fine since.  Needs sorting properly tho really with new fuse holders/clips.  I do have it on ebay at the mo (not a plug BTW) with an more honest description that the original ad!

I had a Tubepath 5.1, i only moved it on as I wanted to try out some class D stuff. I remember at the time of buying mine, there were a lot of reviews saying that reliability was an issue, but only with the 10.1. From what I can recall, the 5.1 was actually a really nice amp. 

On 13/11/2007 at 17:45, wateroftyne said:

Also... Also... the amp's styling makes considerable use of the comic sans serif font. Odd choice! These are all minor points, though.

This is what put me off even trying one in the shop when I was looking for a new amp a good few years ago. Comic Sans can flip off.

15 hours ago, ern500evo said:

I had a Tubepath 5.1, i only moved it on as I wanted to try out some class D stuff. I remember at the time of buying mine, there were a lot of reviews saying that reliability was an issue, but only with the 10.1. From what I can recall, the 5.1 was actually a really nice amp. 

For now I use a class d amp...Markbass Littlemark 250W. Nice for small venues and rehearsal...on a bigger stage it failed big time. Protection engaged and i played on MUTE for a minute :D

On 25/02/2019 at 18:01, Pow_22 said:

i bought mine supposedly working off of ebay for around £250.  Turns out the seller wasn't very honest and the amp had issues in that three internal fuse holders had snapped.  I made do with soldering the fuses to the remains of the fuseholders and the amp has worked fine since.  Needs sorting properly tho really with new fuse holders/clips.  I do have it on ebay at the mo (not a plug BTW) with an more honest description that the original ad!

I reckon I will pay 100 for the fixing and arround 150 to the owner.