Why become a member? ×

Musicman Bongo 6HH.

mattbass6

I cannot believe this is happening to me, but I bought a beautiful Musicman Bongo 6 HH (in red) bass 3 weeks ago and totally fell in love with it. The feel, the looks and the sound but, it's not the sound that is right for my band and music. I have been playing Yamaha TRB6 basses for years but when the Bongo was launched I had to have one. I am now about to go on tour and have resorted back to my Yamaha but I don't want the Bongo sat around. I paid £1899.00 and will be looking for either -

1) A trade for a good condition Yamaha TRB6P (not a TRB6 JP) and small cash adjustment depending on the condition of the bass.

or

2) A trade for a good condition Yamaha TRB6 and cash adjustment.

or

3) £1450.00 straight cash deal.

I am absolutely gutted about this but I know what I need and this has to go. This bass has never been used in rehearsals or live or been out of the house and is in 100% new condition with Musicman case, which is also in immaculate condition.

Hopefully hear from someone soon and for it to find the right home. If you want anymore information, just get in touch and I'll help in anyway I can. Thanks.

Here are some pictures.

Edited by mattbass6

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='806580' date='Apr 14 2010, 09:48 PM']Biggest regret of my Basschat career...selling a Bongo HH.[/quote]

I am genuinely gutted Andy but it's not doing what I need it to do. It is one of the finest basses I have ever played, seriously (plus it's a stunner) and I know I am going to regret it but I need the right bass for my gig and this isn't it :) I wish it was!!

Edited by mattbass6

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='818324' date='Apr 25 2010, 06:59 PM']would you consider a trade for a sexy 5string, or are your a 6er-only type of guy?[/quote]

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the offer but I am 6 string guy. I really need a back up to my main Yamaha as we have a lot of touring coming up - just got back from the first leg of this tour today. I desperately want another TRB, so thanks again for the offer. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

OK, I'm going to go a bit bonkers here, but does anyone fancy this for a silly price? £1300? Seriously, never been gigged, never been out of the house and still has the bar code sticker on the back. That has to be a good deal, surely? Let me know, it's here waiting for the right home....... :)

[quote name='benzies123' post='820972' date='Apr 27 2010, 06:43 PM']Yeah... some one really needs to buy this before I shoot myself

... is there any one that you want taken care of for a certain shiny 6 string fee?[/quote]

Lol :) Let's chat..... Thank you and why not buy it yourself? :rolleyes: