Why become a member? ×

Schecter Basses

TommyK

There is a shop in the states, selling B-stock Schecter basses on the Bay.

see yer: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCHECTER-OMEN-EXTREME-5-5-STRING-BASS-GUITAR-BLUE_W0QQitemZ130381961280QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item1e5b5ed840"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCHECTER-OMEN-EXTREM...=item1e5b5ed840[/url]

I am feeling pretty much G.A.S free on the 4 string front nowadays, just really want to have another bash at conquering the 5ers. Quite interested in a 35" scale one too, so this seems to fit the bill quite nicely. Spec and finish seems brilliant for the money...too good to be true? Opinions please...

Cheers
Tom

I like schecter basses (IMHO). I've played a few and have a Diamond series C-4 (came stock with EMZ HZ pickups) at the moment as one of my main basses. Fit and finish on all the Schecters I've played have been good. Comfortable to play and balance really well (longish top horn and off centre tail pin).

I'm currently using a Schecter Stiletto Custom 5 and have had many people saying just how much fuller and better it sounds than my old Stingray 5!! So yeah, I'd say they're bloody excellent instruments and have no idea how they can be produced so cheaply... The EMG Hz pickups previously mentioned are great too, a really nice pure modern sound.

The Damien in my signature has become the bass I play every day. The EMGs give it a surprisingly fat low end, it's comfortable, and in my mind is one of the coolest looking basses I've seen.

Proof that cheap(er) woods etc. can still deliver the results you're after.

If it broke, I'd get another. Which I'm not sure I could say about any other items of gear - even the Vampyre I'd be tempted to try something different when the insurance money came in.

[quote]WE NO LONGER ACCEPT E-MAILS FOR QUESTIONS OR RETURNS !!!!!!

THIS IS DUE TO I HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF HOURS A DAY AND MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN UPSET THAT I CANNOT ANSWER THE 1000+ E-MAILS A DAY WE RECEIVE

I CANNOT PROCESS PURCHASES AND ANSWER E-MAILS – IT JUST DOES NOT WORK IF I TRIED TO ANSWER BY EMAIL ALL YOUR QUESTIONS NOTHING WOULD EVER SHIP – PLEASE CALL ME !!!

THIS MAY BE A HARDSHIP ON SOME -- BUT IT IS THIS OR I WILL HAVE TO RAISE MY PRICES

THANKS TIM M[/quote]

Does that not worry you? I'd be worried that I couldn't get hold of them shouldn't anyting go wrong -- all depends how much that means to you :)

Edited by Rosh

[quote name='Rosh' post='803724' date='Apr 12 2010, 01:55 PM']Does that not worry you? I'd be worried that I couldn't get hold of them shouldn't anyting go wrong -- all depends how much that means to you :)[/quote]

I've had a Schecter Stiletto Diamond Custom 5 for a few years.

I bought this second hand and I haven't got a bad word to say about Schecters

For the price....I'd highly recommend them as a decent cheapish bass

[quote name='nique' post='803733' date='Apr 12 2010, 01:59 PM']I've had a Schecter Stiletto Diamond Custom 5 for a few years.

I bought this second hand and I haven't got a bad word to say about Schecters

For the price....I'd highly recommend them as a decent cheapish bass[/quote]

I didn't mean the basses, I'm sure they are fantastic, I just meant not being able to contact someone I'd bought a bass off overseas without playing it would worry me slightly, as would the constant use of capital letters in the ad!

[quote name='Rosh' post='803739' date='Apr 12 2010, 02:02 PM']I didn't mean the basses, I'm sure they are fantastic, I just meant not being able to contact someone I'd bought a bass off overseas without playing it would worry me slightly, as would the constant use of capital letters in the ad![/quote]

Hmmmm. He is a big volume seller, very good feedback....It does say to... "please call me" instead??

There is a returns policy too if you read the blurb in his shop page. They are also B stock items so i imagine the margins are fairly tight if you know what i mean.

Nothing to get too worried about i would think, I'm only lurking at the moment anyway, no bidding as of yet, need to sell a gu$%*ar to raise some funds first. It just looks like an interesting option.....

Thanks for the concern though! :)

tried a shecter in PMT today - sort of telecaster lookalike, active, with the usual 3 band eq - played nice, BUT the telecaster body was a pig on the arm, no contours anywhere, just the slab, and pretty irritating neck dive - looked lovely though, one f-hole, thinline and sounded neat.