Why become a member? ×

FENDER 70'S VINTAGE INSIDE

funkydario

Hi everybody , some of my collection got to go and here the vintages ones !!
The first is a P(J) of 1972 , everything is original and I am the second owner , the J pick up was added from the original owner in 1973 and it's a DI Marzio. Bass is definetly a player and it comes strunged with flats , refretted and really well setted up from one of the best french luthier (Did Dubosq) and it plays like a butter. The J all alone gives you a great Jaco tone and the P ( well it's a P Bass ).
The second is a 1973 JB and I am the third owner , body was refinished in Lake Placid Blue and pick ups are Duncan Vintage. Setted up by the same luthier and it has THAT SOUND !!
The original case are there for both of them but they are really battered and only for collector use , I won't dare to use them to move these 2 beautys around.
Prices are 2300 € for the JB and 2000 € for the PB both negociable and contact me for more info .
Have a great day all of you !!

Edited by funkydario

These are the photos I've receives from the previous owner and of course since that bass has been cleaned up and setted up. I will have some more actual pictures by tuesday !!
The last one is the PB before I've replaced the Badass bridge with his original bridge.
Have a great sunday !!

[quote name='Jigster' post='810981' date='Apr 19 2010, 08:10 AM']hey lovely pj - is the J pick up sourced from vintage stock or a more modern one? when was it added do you know? how do the two sound together?[/quote]

The J was added from the original owner back in 73 and it's a Di Marzio ( my luthier told me that !!) , The J add clarity to the P Sound and when it's all alone the result is a very punchy Jaco tone. It doesn't sound modern at all and the 2 together give a new dimension to the classic P Sound . Being the J more powerful than standard J pick up the 2 pick ups blends together very nicely , and when you use the P pick up , well you have the P sound.
I am not a fan of this kind of combination just because I am a JJ kind of guy and if I do want the P sound I use this bass as a P and if i want the Jaco kind of tone I do own a Bacchus JP reissue fretless that does this very very nicely. But for P guys who wants differents combinations she's just perfect and she plays like butter , low action, no buzz, straight neck .

[quote name='funkydario' post='811012' date='Apr 19 2010, 09:43 AM']The J was added from the original owner back in 73 and it's a Di Marzio ( my luthier told me that !!) , The J add clarity to the P Sound and when it's all alone the result is a very punchy Jaco tone. It doesn't sound modern at all and the 2 together give a new dimension to the classic P Sound . Being the J more powerful than standard J pick up the 2 pick ups blends together very nicely , and when you use the P pick up , well you have the P sound.
I am not a fan of this kind of combination just because I am a JJ kind of guy and if I do want the P sound I use this bass as a P and if i want the Jaco kind of tone I do own a Bacchus JP reissue fretless that does this very very nicely. But for P guys who wants differents combinations she's just perfect and she plays like butter , low action, no buzz, straight neck .[/quote]
and mid day BUMP !!