Why become a member? ×

Recording Bass with no distorsion clean signal

KERMITNT

The story goes like that

I have a new pandora that i can record perfectly with no interfearence at all my bass signal into cubase reaper etc

Recently i bought a tc electronic RH450 thats a beauty has XLR line out that i am using directly to my onboard sound card line in or mic in and souds a lot of fuzzing corosion of the sound...

1) BASS--->INput 1/4 Jack PAndora--->Usb PC---> CUBASE = Awsome quality no interfearence at alll

2) Bass--->Tc Electronic Rh450--->XLR line Out --->MIC IN sound Card or Line in sound Card (onboard)--> CUBASE= crap sound

How can i use my new amp to record it clean through my amp

DO i need a new sound card

PS i forgot to tell you that i use an XLR to 1/4 Jack then an adaptor to 1/8 jack!!!!!

Thnx for helping

[quote name='Rimskidog' post='795117' date='Apr 3 2010, 04:24 PM']It sounds like you need to work on your gainstaging (google is your friend) but if you are getting what you want out of the shorter route why do anything else[/quote]

+1 on that. I think there is little point if you like what you're hearing from the direct route. Have you tried using a VST program like voxengo boogex (I think that's what it's called) or something like that, i reckon some of them do okay impersinations of bass amps if you're not looking for anything too fancy for free.

Also sorry if i'm being a bit condescending here or pointing out the obvious but with the digital output it does look like a normal microphone jack but it isn't. You need a soundcard with a digital input in this case a S/PDIF or AES/EBU input to use it.

You don't need a soundcard. If the pandora records OK through USB, but you want the sound of the RH pre-amp, then take the pre-amp out, or insert send, and plug that into the input of the pandora. If the RH distorts through the pandora it's because the output of the RH is too high. I assume your amp has a pre-amp level control, try turning that down. In this scenario you're only using the Pandora as it'll be lower latency, better quality than your on board sound card.