Why become a member? ×

EH Bass Big Muff

Stag

Good? Yes, very.

Since it's the bass version it holds the low end very nicely on its own. Obviously you can retain the bass on the 'normal setting', but you can also crank the tone knob all the way up to get a load of treble, which then loses a lot of the bass, but the secret is you can put this back in by switching the 3-position to 'bass boost', putting the low end you just lost back in while still keeping the treble that you just dialed in. On top of this you can blend the fuzz with your clean signal using the final option on the 3-position switch - 'dry'.

Obviously this low-end retention is just one thing that you can do with the options presented to you. What this switch is really intended for is almost offering you 3 different pedals:

Normal - a classic muff tailored for bass frequencies.

Bass Boost - a Russian muff? [someone may correct me here]

Dry - a blended fuzz

In simple terms this is a great sounding and versatile pedal IMO (plus VERY reasonably priced), and sounds great on bass no matter what you want to get out of it by virtue of its "secret" weapon, the 3-position switch.

Edited by cm261

[quote name='cm261' post='791212' date='Mar 30 2010, 10:03 PM']Just had a quick look, these are only £50 new now?! Ridiculous.[/quote]

Exaaaaaaactly... which amazed me too, hence me asking about it! I think ill give it a punt for £53 or whatever it is.

[quote name='merello' post='793694' date='Apr 1 2010, 09:25 PM']I came on tonight to post how good it is and found this! Did Song 2 last night and it slapped both testicles in all the women in the front row! :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]

... and not just the women ! :)

I love mine to bits :)

But, since getting my EHX Knockout and placing it after it, I have found that there are so many more posibilities opened up. So, if I were you, I would get both (if you have the budget).

I generally use my BBM with the volume at 12 and the tone and the sustain at 1:30. Then I have the Knockout with the low at about 11, the dry turned almost right down and the high at about 1. THis gets a good Muse Time is Running Out / Hysteria kinda sound :rolleyes:

Hope that helps