Why become a member? ×

The Blockheads

Mr Fudge

Im lucky enough to be supporting The Blockheads next week at The Robin 2 in Wolverhampton. Thursday 8th April.

Any BCer's planning to attend? I'll be near the bar enjoying The Blockheads after our support. The beauty is I would have been going to see them anyway.

I think it's what's known as a "win win" situation.

:)

Edited by Mr Fudge

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='790375' date='Mar 30 2010, 10:50 AM']Im lucky enough to be supporting The Blockheads next week at The Robin 2 in Wolverhampton. Thursday 8th April.

Any BCer's planning to attend? I'll be near the bar enjoying The Blockheads after our support. The beauty is I would have been going to see them anyway.

I think it's what's known as a "win win" situation.

:)[/quote]

Woah! I think that's what is known in the biz as a result...

Well done I for one am rather jealous.

Steve

Awesome,,,,You lucky git.... :)

Its always great to play the same stages as your mentors,,,, turned round on stage couple of weeks ago and Toyah was dancin in the wings!!

I love the Blockheads,, an Norm is da man... :rolleyes:

I supported the Blockheads a few years back at a festival in Essex.... I remember hanging out backstage in the dark as the lights were buggered.... I turned around suddenly and NWR was standing right in front of me....... scared the sh*t out of me..... it was like nosferatu crept up on me....

[quote name='crez5150' post='791272' date='Mar 30 2010, 10:42 PM']I supported the Blockheads a few years back at a festival in Essex.... I remember hanging out backstage in the dark as the lights were buggered.... I turned around suddenly and NWR was standing right in front of me....... scared the sh*t out of me..... it was like nosferatu crept up on me....[/quote]
Was that braintree rocks? I was on the line up there too, saw nwr in the backstage beer tent, really nice guy. Weather could have been better!!

This is the second time we would have supported him as well. I know a few BCers have posted about NWR before. We spent ages chatting to him and had a few beers too. A smashing bloke in every way. The last thing I talked to him about was basses or his rig. We were far too busy pumping him for stories and he was only to happy to oblige.

• 2 weeks later...

saw the blockheads on thursday

mad as a box of frogs and tight as a shark's a**e

bloody brilliant

i noticed that NWR had a different neck on his jazz bass but could'nt make out what sort

too busy groovin' to the music :)

will deffo try to see them again