Why become a member? ×

Gear Tetris

urbanx

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='788771' date='Mar 28 2010, 07:31 PM']Very true, although my bass case is a hard rectangular type, and seems to fit in awkwardly on the back seats..[/quote]

It should still fit if you put it a diagonal angle. Or just buy a gig bag,it makes life
easier.

In a VW golf:

-HH Bass Machine head
-Two HH Unit Bass III cabs
-bass
-pedalboard
-22" bass drum, softcased
-One floor tom, two rack toms, softcased
-cymbals
-hardware bag
-two people

The best I've ever seen though was:
-double bed, mattress and frame
-tv corner cabinet
-two people

...in a Clio! :)

[quote name='Doddy' post='788778' date='Mar 28 2010, 07:34 PM']It should still fit if you put it a diagonal angle. Or just buy a gig bag,it makes life
easier.[/quote]
I like my bass case though... I have 2 kids aged 3 and 5 and like to be reassured that it's safe in there LOL

Back in the day we did this:

Marshall 4x12
Orange 4x12
Fender Gtr Head
Marshall Gtr Head
Trace Elliot 4x10 Combo
Trace Elliot 1x15 Cab
Hardcased 4-piece Drum Kit
Drum Hardware Case
Cymbal bag
4x elec gtrs
2x basses
Huge Korg keyboard + stand
Sampler + stand
3x pedalboards
Four hairy musos

Into two of these:

[quote name='Jigster' post='788329' date='Mar 28 2010, 09:22 AM']this is a great vid - all about being in the band and having the crack. Made me smile.[/quote]

They are great guys, some of my best mates and a stunning band:

[url="http://deathtrapcity.bandcamp.com/"]http://deathtrapcity.bandcamp.com/[/url]

That session turned into the EP available for free at the above link.

G

I basically can't get anything in my C6 as the back seats don't fold in any way (they are electric) and I don't want gear on my leather seats. The boot fits my basses in sideways but my cabs have to go on a thick rug across the passenger seats, but I don't like doing that either!

• 2 months later...

Mic stand, tunable didge and Hercules bass stand live here all the time
[attachment=53055:IMG_6950.JPG]

Feline assistant
[attachment=53056:IMG_6951.JPG]

Footpedal case, mixer case
[attachment=53057:IMG_6952.JPG]

2 x 1x12 Bergantino cabs
[attachment=53058:IMG_6953.JPG]

Gramma pad, powered wedge
[attachment=53059:IMG_6954.JPG]

Amp rack (Markbass LMK head, Sennheiser wireless, all cables, power board, wireless transmitter, snake and switches) 2 fans (a [i]very[/i] hot night)
[attachment=53060:IMG_6955.JPG]

Stage clothes and hat
[attachment=53061:IMG_6956.JPG]

Double gig bag (4 and 5 string), cable box and bag containing rope lights, percussion, jelly babies, badges etc etc etc ... Now you see them
[attachment=53062:IMG_6957.JPG]

and now you don't.. Good 'ol IKEA gear covering blanket
[attachment=53063:IMG_6958.JPG]

Edited by OldGit

Let's see. Once i managed to fit 4 people, a bass guitar and all of my drum gear, including the throne, hardware and cymbals into my dad's volvo S80. Maybe not the most impressive of all feats in this thread but i thought we did well lolz. We're not usually too bothered about this sort of thing though because we do own a MASSIVE ford fiesta so you can pretty much get anything in there XP

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='daz' post='787310' date='Mar 26 2010, 07:40 PM']Watch it. a lead foot start could put that Hartke head amp through the back window of that Celica!

I wish id taken a pic of my Volvo 940 (with boot not hatchback!) with this little lot crammed in it. I won the lot off ebay for £16, consisting of 12 small combo amps and 4 large PA cabs. Worked out at £1 per item!! Pictured below

[/quote]
doom

[quote name='daz' post='787310' date='Mar 26 2010, 07:40 PM']Watch it. a lead foot start could put that Hartke head amp through the back window of that Celica[/quote]

I can't be the only one who's done this. Dodgy boot catch on Cavilier estate. 4x10 already loaded, lifted it upright to get screwdriver out of spare tyre well. Fiddled with catch, slammed boot - CRASH. Bucket for glass, two bin bags and a roll of parcel tape and off to the gig.

[quote name='arthurhenry' post='878366' date='Jun 26 2010, 07:13 PM']I can't be the only one who's done this. Dodgy boot catch on Cavilier estate. 4x10 already loaded, lifted it upright to get screwdriver out of spare tyre well. Fiddled with catch, slammed boot - CRASH. Bucket for glass, two bin bags and a roll of parcel tape and off to the gig.[/quote]

Lol yes. Former band, guitarist did that do the drummers car. :)

At least it wasn't my fault though, I wasn't even there.

Today, I got:

Me
My bass in a gig-bag. GK head goes into the front pocket. Cables in the small pocket at the top
EBS 4x10
EBS 1x15
2x 12" PA cabs
Stands and bits
Cables
10U amp rack
2U power-amp
Collapsable trolley

Into my Polo (piccies to follow - same basic load going to the London Bass Bash tomorrow :)

Ian