Why become a member? ×

Gear Tetris

urbanx

Gear Tetris:

Simple rules, post the make and model of your car, and a pic of how you slot all your gear in:

Toyota Celica (brave, I know)

Typical gig:
Hartke HA3500 Head
Marshall MBC410 Cab
PA System
3 Cases of leads
2 Basses (one in case, one wedged behind)
1 Can of Red Bull

Music Video:
Hartke HA3500 Head
Marshall MBC410 Cab
2 Hartke 210’s
1 Fender Jaguar Bass (in box)
Change of clothes, Red Bull

Both pics show classic arrangements of gear to follow the outline of the rubber boot seal.

in the back of my honda jazz i get:

2 mb4410 cabs,
2 12" Pa speakers
2 7200 Marshall DBS heads
1 1000w PA amp
2 led lighting units
1 pr speaker stands and t bar for lights
1 lrg flight case containing bass rig leads / power
1 smaller flight case containing all Pa leads
1 flight case containg FX and wireless etc
1 medium sized tool kit
3 Mike stands (1 straight, 2 boom)
1 bag containing full stage costume
small case containing small mixing desk
vocal fx
drum 'rug'
5 way cased guitar stand ( collapsable type)
2/3 basses
1 electric guitar
tech's toolbox
smoke machine/ fluid
bag / case containing -
Minidisc player / discs (incidental music and cd backup for intros etc)
CD player / discs (intros)
3 mikes

i think that's it!
i'm stunned it all fits!!!

oh, and two bods (me and our pa man)

next show i'll take some pics and add them if i remember!

Edited by dudewheresmybass

[quote name='budget bassist' post='786485' date='Mar 25 2010, 11:34 PM']We always managed to fit a lot inside our old guitarist's 2 door corsa, let's see:
3 human beings :)[/quote]

I'm sorry, think I misunderstood - did you not say 2 of them were Guiturds?

In my old Ford Ka I have been known to fit in

2x10 Hartke bass cab
Hartke head in Flight case
Marshall Guitar combo
2 12" + horn PA speakers
Mixing desk in box
Case of PA leads
Case of instrument cables
Sports bag of Instrument cables
2 Mic Stands
2 Speaker stands
Guitar in gig bag
Guitar in hard case
2 basses in gig bags
2 suit bags
2 people

I've also easily fitted my 4x10,head,cases,bass and 5 piece drum kit and accessories and 2 people.

I now have a van,and have carried my rig,full drum kit,guitar rig and 3 people.

[quote name='Doddy' post='786974' date='Mar 26 2010, 02:35 PM']There's a way to make more space......

The girlfriend has no need to be there :rolleyes:[/quote]

Sorry got to disagree. A girlfriend (yours or otherwise) is far more useful than a guitard... at least a girlfriend would help carry the gear! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='787125' date='Mar 26 2010, 04:12 PM']Sorry got to disagree. A girlfriend (yours or otherwise) is far more useful than a guitard... at least a girlfriend would help carry the gear! :)[/quote]

You must be lucky,I've never known any who actually carry gear,unless they are in the band.

Watch it. a lead foot start could put that Hartke head amp through the back window of that Celica!

I wish id taken a pic of my Volvo 940 (with boot not hatchback!) with this little lot crammed in it. I won the lot off ebay for £16, consisting of 12 small combo amps and 4 large PA cabs. Worked out at £1 per item!! Pictured below

Edited by daz

[quote name='Doddy' post='787280' date='Mar 26 2010, 06:16 PM']You must be lucky,I've never known any who actually carry gear,unless they are in the band.[/quote]

VERY lucky! My wife (technically a promoted girlfriend) wraps gear up and carries gear at any gig she attends... in fact she could set-up/strip down my gear no problem. :)

My mates on the way to a local studio, trying to get their gear in the back of my old Laguna:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/deathtrapcity3#p/a/u/1/7tTmDLTtL_Y"]http://www.youtube.com/user/deathtrapcity3...u/1/7tTmDLTtL_Y[/url]

2 guitars
Amp head
Stingray bass
Full drum kit / hardware / snares x2
Me
Band x3

I killed that car.

Edited by slaphappygarry

In my old Land Cruiser (for festival gigs) I could fit in 2 basses (in hard cases), 4x10, 1x15, 4U rack (amp, tuner etc), bag of leads, sleeping bag and change of clothes all on one side of the boot, so I could get pissed at the festival and sleep next to it all in the nice cosy warm with no tents or flooding to worry about. :)

I decided to paint it for you instead of actually laoding it all just to take a pic on a saturday afternoon!

Gear Tetris for real, it doesn't look much but all this fits perfectcly in the back of a 3door Rover 25!!

I'll wait 'til the next show before I post a photo!

I guess I must be cheating as I drive an Espace. I can get pretty much most of my 5 piece bands gear in the back (that includes my two 4x10s and two 18" PA cabs). The drummer has to take his own gear though.

Edit: Can't wait to get my Vintage, it'll go some way to saving the suspension :)

Edited by Tinman

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='787324' date='Mar 26 2010, 07:57 PM']My mates on the way to a local studio, trying to get their gear in the back of my old Laguna:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/deathtrapcity3#p/a/u/1/7tTmDLTtL_Y"]http://www.youtube.com/user/deathtrapcity3...u/1/7tTmDLTtL_Y[/url]

2 guitars
Amp head
Stingray bass
Full drum kit / hardware / snares x2
Me
Band x3

I killed that car.[/quote]

this is a great vid - all about being in the band and having the crack. Made me smile.

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='788446' date='Mar 28 2010, 12:27 PM']I've got an old style ford Ka. My bass currently has to go in the passenger seat! Not even tried to get my amp in yet.[/quote]

Seriously?

Look at my first post to see what you can get in an old style Ka. You'll have no problem fitting in
your bass and amp. Just drop the back seats. Although my combo used to go in the boot with out dropping them,
and my bass went on the back seat in a gig bag

Its all about space evaluation.

[quote name='daz' post='787310' date='Mar 26 2010, 07:40 PM']Watch it. a lead foot start could put that Hartke head amp through the back window of that Celica!

I wish id taken a pic of my Volvo 940 (with boot not hatchback!) with this little lot crammed in it. I won the lot off ebay for £16, consisting of 12 small combo amps and 4 large PA cabs. Worked out at £1 per item!! Pictured below

[/quote]
:)

[quote name='Doddy' post='788734' date='Mar 28 2010, 06:53 PM']Seriously?

Look at my first post to see what you can get in an old style Ka. You'll have no problem fitting in
your bass and amp. Just drop the back seats. Although my combo used to go in the boot with out dropping them,
and my bass went on the back seat in a gig bag

Its all about space evaluation.[/quote]
Very true, although my bass case is a hard rectangular type, and seems to fit in awkwardly on the back seats..