Why become a member? ×

What do I need?

King of Loss

Basically, I am thinking of buying a pair of monitors, a

[url="http://www.focusrite.com/product/saffire_pro_10_i_o/"]http://www.focusrite.com/product/saffire_pro_10_i_o/[/url]

focustire saffire pro 10 I/O preamp (connected via firewire), and Apple Logic Studio.

Now, in terms of using the powered studio monitors to hear everything, can I just plug each of them into an output from the firewire audio interface, or do I need, for example, an SPDIF link from the interface to some kind of monitor preamp/poweramp type thing :) in order to hear stereo sound through the two speakers? Basically what I am saying, is, can you plug the speakers into any 2 outputs of the audio interface, or is there something else needed to get the sound from Logic to the monitors?

Cheers, if I haven't made myself clear, let me know.

I'm just about to buy the Pro 10's big brother, the Pro 26.. it looks an ace bit of kit that had escaped my research until yesterday (prob because the Pro's are relatively new compared to the Digidesigns and Motu's), the purchase price is great given that they have 8pre's on board, 2 sets of ADATs for a ridiculous 24 channels of live input recording (via 2x behringer ada8000s for example) and a bunch of balanced inputs so I can record off desk without a problem. Fantastic!