Why become a member? ×

Epifani UL310 vs. Schroeder 21012L- FIGHT!!!

Old Horse Murphy

I've been offered both an Epifani UL310 and a Schroeder 21012L and am seriously interested in a 1 cab set up, but also one that will afford me more of a chance to hear my bass in the mix.

I love both, but I think I'll hear more from the Schroeder, although I think the bass will sound better through the Epifani.

What do current/past owners think? I need to move quickly but would appreciate your input.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='85457' date='Nov 8 2007, 02:01 PM']Do a search for 21012L and you'll hear all my thoughts on these great cabs.

I've never used the Epifani, so I can't comment...[/quote]

Just read your comments on the 21012L- sounds like a really good endorsement. Thanks!!

I'm not really a 'low mid bump' person, so I'd choose the Epi out of the two.. errr... ok.. I own an Epi.. so, there ya go ;o) Was impressed with Rich Bowman's Schro' at the last bass bash though.. very good!

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='85725' date='Nov 8 2007, 11:13 PM']I always thought my 3x10 had a low mid bump, we all hear things differently.[/quote]

Mebbe it's because I have a 610 opposed to the 310.. that would no doubt sound different. Should have clarified that really.

[quote name='dood' post='85823' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:40 AM']Mebbe it's because I have a 610 opposed to the 310.. that would no doubt sound different. Should have clarified that really.[/quote]

I'd like to try a 6x10, I bet that'd sound pretty good.

But I do think that our observations of equipment is very subjective, one mans 'mid scoop' is anothers 'flat' sounding cab, while someone else describes a cab as being 'flat sounding' while someone else hears a 'low mid bump'.

I think it's best to try a piece of gear yourself, and let your own ears decide.