Why become a member? ×

New Warwick head

tempo

I finally replaced my Ashdown combo amp. A bit more portable and should be plenty loud enough for stage monitoring. I will probably get another of the same cab in the new year to get the full 300w out of the amp. (or maybe trade up for a 4ohm Acme B2 that I've been gassing for for a while)

The Warwick head does sound really good, nice and warm & punchy, good subtle compressor and great EQ points. Certainly worth 170 quid. :)

hey tempo, if you do end up bagging your gas fix and replace the 2.5 cab, then I'm after one! i just secured a 210XL and whenever one comes up, i'll pair it up with a 2.5XL...

i'm painfully trying to replace a 4.5XL so when i'm done, it'll be like i've just sawn the cab in half and tidied up the joins!! teehee! :) my issues are with portablity too!

Hey Brother jones, well spotted!! yep they are two Mana tables, I'm a bit of a hifi nut and have a "stage4" under my Roksan Xerxes turntable, the other two were hanging around, so thought I would try 'em under the 2.5 cab, does sound a lot tighter, but that could just be the "boundry effect"

Sparky, yeah, might be a way off till I look at the Acme's but will certainly keep you offerin mind, cheers.

Pete.