Why become a member? ×

What would you add to a 2x10

sk8

I'd add either a 1 x 15-as this adds big bottom-ask Spinal Tap. To the 2x10's crisp tops. Or a 1x12'' or a 2x12" I usually use a 1x12" with a 2x10 & they compliment eaCH OTHER NICELY -whoops- adding another 210 is OK also-just depends on what YOU like best. I'd go 12's & 2 of 'em if $$$ wasn't a problem! They give a nice bottom end, while not being too boomy as 15's can sometimes be-they sometimes get 'in the way' of a F.O.H. mix. In saying thAT I DO really like using my 1x15" & with the 2x10 equally so! Yhey're just different-not better/worse-up to each & every one of us!-Go out & try as many different combinations as possible.

Not sure why people assume that a 15" will give more 'bottom end' than 2x10" the ability to reproduce low end with any conviction is different for every single speaker and manufacturer. I've owned 2x10's that have far more bottom end than 15's that I've owned.

You also have to consider that when you EQ you are EQing for the speaker in your combo so using a different size speaker as an extension will be a compromise. I'd vote for keeping to all 10's but it's just an opinion!