Why become a member? ×

Richard Bona....

Man I hate it when people sing over bass like that!! Does my head in.

And sorry, no!! But the man doesn't seem entirely sane judging by that clip lolol. I know, I know, he is a bass legend.

ped

Haha, Bona :)

Thought I'd get that little bit of immaturity out of the way before anyone else!

As for the 'thingy', maybe he could be using it to dampen the strings a bit, similar to the scrunchie Vic Wooten puts around the neck of his bass. Just a guess.

On another note: What IS that guy smoking? He's mental!

Edited by Waldo

[quote]I don't know if i'm laughing becuase it's supposed to be comical or whether i'm laughing out of pure embarrassment.[/quote]

If it's embarrassment you'd totally piss your pants watching me try that! :)

Ped --- Just because BONA hasn't got a big 36incher like you there's no need to slag him off!!! :huh:

Edited by Flanker

[quote name='Flanker' post='8378' date='May 28 2007, 10:56 PM']If it's embarrassment you'd totally piss your pants watching me try that! :)

Ped --- Just because BONA hasn't got a big 36incher like you there's no need to slag him off!!! :huh:[/quote]

I'm not trying to have a dig at the guy or anything but I thought the video was hilarious and I don't know if it's supposed to be funny or actually a serious peice of music!

:huh:

Edited by Waldo

Did you see the fast show where Level 42 were playing and the bloke goes over and says 'Turn it down will you lads' to which Mark King says 'Well, it doesn't sound quite the same like that'. The bloke replies 'well turn it bloody off then' lol. Mark king looks quite dejected lol.

[quote name='ped' post='8397' date='May 28 2007, 11:14 PM']Did you see the fast show where Level 42 were playing and the bloke goes over and says 'Turn it down will you lads' to which Mark King says 'Well, it doesn't sound quite the same like that'. The bloke replies 'well turn it bloody off then' lol. Mark king looks quite dejected lol.[/quote]

Haha yeah, it's on the end of the first episode :)

I've always enjoyed watching this solo, from 3:22 onwards it gets more intresting, and strangely it sounds quite familiar to the Transformers theme tune, and the harmonising will always make me grin especially when he sighs when he screws up his harmonised fill.

Fair enough man thats your opinion, I just enjoy it because Bona has used those licks in a unique way really, it's not groundbreaking but it's an intresting mix of Jaco inspired licks and comedy.

• 7 years later...