Why become a member? ×

Squier Deluxe Jazz V

ThomBassmonkey

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='773479' date='Mar 13 2010, 10:59 AM']Anyone ever played one? Since Squier seem to be pumping out the brilliant 4 string stuff at the moment, I was wondering if the 5 strings match up. I've been gasing for a fender recently and this would fill the hole for a fair bit less money.[/quote]

hi,

I bought one last summer for less than 200 notes new. Best value I've had on a bass.

The finish is excellent though the tuners were budget ones. the bridge is a decent High mass one.

They vary in weight, mine is on the slightly heavy side but still useable for gigging.
The neck is great and a low action can be achieved, in fact it was pretty good out of the box.

The fingerboard is pretty wide , good if you like wide string spacing.

With active electronics it can do most of what you'd want from a Jazz bass.
I've owned way more expensive 5 stringers and this can hold its own.

Recommend trying one mainly for weight and the neck width

cheers

Fran

[quote name='JTUK' post='773822' date='Mar 13 2010, 07:26 PM']Maybe the camera angle isn't that helpful to that bass...looks all out of proportion to me....

but...£200..??????[/quote]

Not just the picture sadly (though it makes it worse): [url="http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0300575500"]http://www.squierguitars.com/products/sear...rtno=0300575500[/url]

5-0 tuners look far better than 4-1 on fender style basses IMO, but for the price, it's best not to be picky since I don't fancy an affinity.

Thanks for the opinions Aero, for under £200 there's no doubt it's a stunning bass.

I had one of these about 18 months ago which i bought on e-bay for £130!! It is the only bass i regret selling!

It convinced me that 5 strings were doable and i loved it. So stupidly i traded it with 2 other fenders for a Stingray5. Although the Stingray was a little easier to play (the necks are W-i-d-e on the Squiers...) it didn't sound half as good to my ears...! (and i love my Stingray4) So i ended up going back to 4s again. I Think the output of these, especially the low B is phenomenal for such a bargin price, think no more....go and get one, if you don't like it i'll have it off you!!!

Seriously I am selling a fairly pricey bass at the moment and buying a slightly cheaper one to replace it. I am hoping to get another Squier Jazz V with the left overs :)

Edited by TommyK