Why become a member? ×

new amp heed an cab

grosa

right
i been playin live for a bit over the years with various stuff,like trace cabs and pa but at the mo im stuck.
hopefully someone may be able give me an idea to what may be able sort me out.
first off i have around 600 buff of not my cash to spend,so id like to try get it right this time.

i used to play with a funk/hiphop/breaks kind of band,live.and it worked well in smaller venues with this weird old trace combo i had,it had i think a 10ish graphic eq and an 15" boofer in it till it went missing.
now im playing with a similar live hiphop/breaks/funk type ting live again and after years of being in studios and all that boring crap i find myself a little confused.tried lots of things that dont have...how can i put it...boingooof!??
i need summat tight but kind of boomy.
makes no sense
anyone?
any suggestions?
elp!
think dj vadim live if it helps.
:)

Donno! Ask again in english and you may get more helpful replies :)

Sounds like you want tubes and a 15. Not an easy combination with your budget.

Ampeg B15 springs to mind but loads of dosh. Not many 15's come up for sale these days as not so popular. Scour the for sale and try and get a 15 cab and amp with a valve in it somewhere.

hmmm, I also play in a live hip hop/funk band.

For years I've used an old solid state Trace Head with a 15" Bin (or occasionally a 4X10) The Solid Trace gives a really nice tight punchy sound, and the 15 keeps up the bass 'Boom' nicely. Sounds like you were really happy with the Trace, why change?

I've just switched to eden (also solid state), and I'm really happy but that's an expensive option.

I think you could get an old Trace and something like a Peavey Black Widow second hand for less than £600 easily off of E bay and it would sound fine, and be easily big enough for most venues.

For example:
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trace-Elliot-AH250-GP11-MkV-Mk-5-bass-head-amp_W0QQitemZ190169244634QQihZ009QQcategoryZ58719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]2nd Hand Trace Head[/url]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peavey-115-Bass-cab_W0QQitemZ290176940710QQihZ019QQcategoryZ58719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]Decent Cab[/url]

and bang less than £250 :)

Edited by gilmour

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='85201' date='Nov 8 2007, 12:25 AM']Donno! Ask again in english and you may get more helpful replies :)[/quote]

I unnastood it purrfectly. 'n I'm from Awstraya.

back 2 OT... the ebay links supplied by Gilmour sound like a good go... & if you wanna 'upgrade'/change etc later you can trade/sell & not lose!!!

[quote name='gilmour' post='85235' date='Nov 8 2007, 08:26 AM']hmmm, I also play in a live hip hop/funk band.

For years I've used an old solid state Trace Head with a 15" Bin (or occasionally a 4X10) The Solid Trace gives a really nice tight punchy sound, and the 15 keeps up the bass 'Boom' nicely. Sounds like you were really happy with the Trace, why change?

I've just switched to eden (also solid state), and I'm really happy but that's an expensive option.
I think you could get an old Trace and something like a Peavey Black Widow second hand for less than £600 easily off of E bay and it would sound fine, and be easily big enough for most venues.

For example:
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trace-Elliot-AH250-GP11-MkV-Mk-5-bass-head-amp_W0QQitemZ190169244634QQihZ009QQcategoryZ58719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]2nd Hand Trace Head[/url]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peavey-115-Bass-cab_W0QQitemZ290176940710QQihZ019QQcategoryZ58719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]Decent Cab[/url]

and bang less than £250 :)[/quote]
Nice one Gilmour the hitcher for your solo polo vision,i may have a bid attack on that head.
looking at an eden cab tomorrow if all goes well,and pickin up me new bass woop!
how good would polo inlays be?

[quote name='grosa' post='85592' date='Nov 8 2007, 06:06 PM']Nice one Gilmour the hitcher for your solo polo vision,i may have a bid attack on that head.
looking at an eden cab tomorrow if all goes well,and pickin up me new bass woop!
how good would polo inlays be?[/quote]

That head looks quaht nahse.

What bass are you getting?

[quote name='paul, the' post='85743' date='Nov 9 2007, 12:04 AM']That head looks quaht nahse.

What bass are you getting?[/quote]
you'll not like it
dont know if i will yet.

[quote name='gilmour' post='85789' date='Nov 9 2007, 09:31 AM']I Hope it's one with Solo Polo inlays ! lol
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNOKwlDTCsY"]The Slap Bass President[/url][/quote]
if you can find me someone who'll put them in ill have em,minty fingers.
thursday 10:30 bbc3 new episode!

[quote name='gilmour' post='87202' date='Nov 12 2007, 10:38 AM']Spoilers for the new season are online at the bbc website (can;t make the link work)[/quote]the whole first eposodes on there,you have to have minging realplayer
[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/mightyboosh/#"]green man witch[/url]
hitcher on the first epode

[quote name='paul, the' post='87283' date='Nov 12 2007, 01:06 PM']I'll like it. You have great taste.[/quote]
its not far off a green sleeping bag