Why become a member? ×

Barefaced and Genz Benz -anyone use with upright?

guyl

Back trouble makes me really fancy something like the Barefaced Compact. It seems to get love from electric players on Basschat but any upright players got experience of it?

Similar with the Genz Benz Shuttle 6.

Thanks

I would have thought that a Midget or two would be a better choice than the compact for double bass. The website says that Alex is working on an cab specifically for acoustic bass - I'm very tempted by one of those at the moment.

[quote name='TPJ' post='768907' date='Mar 9 2010, 09:37 AM']I've played a several gigs through an AI focus and a Compact. It did well. The size was the only drawback.[/quote]

Do you mean too bulky?

I haven't tried acoustic upright, but I've recently started out on the EUB route with a Clifton mini-upright, which although shorter scale than standard has a very authentic DB sound ... I'm using it with an EA iAmp micro 300 through a Schroeder mini 12+ cab (tweeter disabled) ... and the sound is superb - deep, warm, open & natural.

I've read elsewhere that the Schroeder is supposed to have a big mid-hump, but I haven't noticed it with my set-up ... maybe just due to the combination of instruments & amp I'm putting through it.