Why become a member? ×

Buying your first bass....

The Burpster

Sure, learning guitar just to look cool is a bad way to go about this, but the fact remains that it’s a nice feeling to totally nail a solo in front of an audience. Compare a few guitars at bestelectricguitars.reviews/best-electric-guitars-under-300 as I do. Imagine being able to live comfortably from playing the guitar. How awesome would that be? Well, this scenario is not that far-fetched.

Edited by moshe

• 1 month later...

I can't remember exact date. Could very likely be 1992. I was jamming with someone and inspired by pictures saw in magazines (Wow! Do you remember you used to buy them?) I decided to play Bass but using the six string strat copy I had.

The jammer wasn't having any of this and over the weekend, traded in for a Marlin by Hohner red white scratchplate. Really loved playing it.

Of course 2001 and lending it to another jamming friend who got it stolen off by his secret heroin flatmate. But that's probably for another thread.

I also love seeing lone instruments sold in shops. If they have an electrics tester behind the staff door, then it's more likely they might sell electric items. In the UK with things getting cut, a lot of testers aren't sticking around so it's safer acoustics (safer in reducing liability).

• ped unpinned this topic