Why become a member? ×

Fender 1973 Jazz

TommyK

I have a Fender 1973 Jazz bought in November from Heartbreaker. Serial No: 396809. (using his pics too by the way as my camara is currently MIA)

Comes with a non original hard case. All hardware (pick-ups, tuners, bridge etc..) is original.

Body was Re-finished 5 years ago.

+ one of the tone knobs has a standard carpentry style screw holding it on instead of the original!! This has happed at some point years ago, could easily be rectified, but as Heartbreaker said to me it kind of adds to the character of the beast really.

A few little dings here and there but all round, VGC for 37 yrs old. Great player + all the nice warm early 7o's tone you could ever want. I am not 100% sure this is the right thing to do really but.....GAS Strikes... :)

I absolutely love playing this at home and at small gigs where the Gui*@!ist isn't stupidly loud, but in a full on rock situation my Stingray is always going to eat it alive.... Hmmm...I love the sound of passive basses in general but just can't get them to work in really loud live situations????

Thought about going for an active 5er again but decided i am still a 4 string kinda guy.... So now I am really Gassing for Magnolia's Modulus Flea and he cant do trades, so I need to move this on for the funds. In an ideal money no object world i would keep and have a Flea as well, but reality is hard...

I am looking for £1400 ono or a trade deal for a Modulus Flea with a Lane Poor Pup I guess..

Cheers
Tom

Edited by TommyK

Thanks for all the interest folks.

For those that wanted to know. Weight is 4.1Kgs or 9.1 lbs. Whichever you prefer.

Will endeavor to get some better/bigger body pics up soon.

Oh yeah, and a...Bump. :)

[quote name='martthebass' post='769240' date='Mar 9 2010, 01:57 PM']I'd really like this (seeing as I'm going through my 1970's Fender Jazz GAS phase) but I don't think I could ever forgive myself for selling my MM/Status/Overwater (delete as applicable)....[/quote]

Hmmm could well be tempted by the 30th anni-Ray if Magnolia's Flea has gone before i get a sale??..... :)

[quote name='TommyK' post='770756' date='Mar 10 2010, 06:34 PM']Hmmm could well be tempted by the 30th anni-Ray if Magnolia's Flea has gone before i get a sale??..... :lol:[/quote]

On that basis I hope you get the sale because I promised myself I'd try to remain untempted this month lol. Glad you're based in Dorchester rather than Doncaster :)

BTW, the 30th anni Ray is a man's bass compared to the Flea :rolleyes:

Edited by martthebass