Why become a member? ×

GB Spitfire 5 String For Sale - PRICE DROP!!! - NOW SOLD

davebass66

OK guys i'm new here....
And i thought what better way to get to know people than offering something......(for a certain price of course)!

I Am looking to sell my GB Spitfire.
I've had the bass for about 2 and a half years and have done some amazing work with it, but the temptation for something new has come calling and this is the only bass i have which doesn't have any genuine personal value!

The bass is a beautiful example of Bernie's work, with the usual crazy on board eq (and flashing l.e.d to let you know how much battery life you have left)!

There are one or two minor dings on the bass, (on the back and near the strap lock) as would be expected from something that has been used well...no serious ones though.

I'm looking for [s]£1500[/s] £1400 for it.
Feel free to get in touch if you want to come and try the bass...

Let me know what you guys think!

Dave

Edited by davebass66

I remember seeing this bass after it had just been finished. It reminded me of the 20th Anniversary 4 string MusicMan Stingray (but without the Les Paul inspired red back). It's a lovely bass. The tort scratchplate against the natural maple really works.

[quote name='eubassix' post='763102' date='Mar 3 2010, 04:29 PM']Very nice .. and very reminiscent of this 4s version (photo below):-

Belonged to richardd' before me ... does anybody have it now??...

Would make a great 4s/5s pair !![/quote]

Yep, with me at the moment, great bass, love it.

Mike

I'd just like to chip in and say that (even though this bass kinda speaks for itself)

1) Dave is a top bloke
2) I've seen (and heard!) him using this bass several times and it sounds great
3) I've played it unplugged (somewhat randomly), and it feels great
4) I would be buying this if I had the money (I imagine much like many people here...)

In conclusion, have a bump!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='davebass66' date='Mar 3 2010, 12:40 PM' post='762776']
OK guys i'm new here....
And i thought what better way to get to know people than offering something......(for a certain price of course)!

I Am looking to sell my GB Spitfire.
I've had the bass for about 2 and a half years and have done some amazing work with it, but the temptation for something new has come calling and this is the only bass i have which doesn't have any genuine personal value!

The bass is a beautiful example of Bernie's work, with the usual crazy on board eq (and flashing l.e.d to let you know how much battery life you have left)!

There are one or two minor dings on the bass, (on the back and near the strap lock) as would be expected from something that has been used well...no serious ones though.

I'm looking for [s]£1500[/s] £1400 for it.
Feel free to get in touch if you want to come and try the bass...

Let me know what you guys think!
HI,i have a five string fretless for sale on this forum, and would be willing to swap it for yours, is there a site that has got any recordings of it in action, dhp.