Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

18 hours ago, JapanAxe said:

Just got home from a splendid evening with my Bowie tribute band. The venue was a pub with a dedicated concert room at the side, with house PA and sound man.

Just before we went on there were about 6 non-band people in the room, but once we took to the stage the place filled to capacity. We played 2 hours 20 minutes straight through, no breaks, and the time just flew by.

For once I was standing well forward of my rig (Demeter into Super Twin), and both basses (AVRI Precision and Dingwall PZ5) sounded glorious. Mrs Axe commented afterwards that the bass came through loud and clear.

Happy moments like this make life good!

Great show & it was absolutely rammed! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Looking very "dapper" there Blue. Must have been a posh gig with you wearing a shirt. :lol:

Yeah, compared to a lot of gigs, the BlondiePop is pretty posh. I'm not sure why I've been wearing long sleeve dress shirts .

Blue

Edited by Bluewine

23 hours ago, skidder652003 said:

Really good turnout (surprisingly) as I thought it would be empty. Had the Ampeg on 2(!) as its just too much overkill for pubs TBH, shame, but its never had a chance to really open up. I may have to move it on soon as everything goes FOH these days ;

Great bass & LZ vocals, when're coming to Bristol?

On 18/12/2019 at 09:49, knirirr said:

Jazz jam in a local pub. The Urban Dictionary says:

The punters evidently agreed; when we started the pub was fairly full, but by the end of the set it was empty.

This week there was only one Saxophonist and a lot of acoustic guitars; generally lower volume and far fewer cockups ensued, with some reasonable renditions.  Even got through "So What" with only one soloist* forgetting their place!

* Guess which instrument.

• Like 1

Fabulous gig last night supporting a visiting Italian rock/blues artist Eliana Cargnelutti. Played the new venue that our regular rehearsal studio in Worthing has opened, The Factory Live. Well worth checking out. Doing it all again tonight at the 1865 Southampton. Here's a pic of Eliana with her fabulous bass player Simone Serafin in action. 

IMG_5019.JPG

Nice easy gig tonight in Milwaukee. The Harley Davidson Motor.5:30-8:30. Great hours!

No traffic on the way into the city, commute was about 25 minutes.

Always a nice appreciative crowd and big tippers too.

Easy load in. Everyone showed up in a great mood as usual. We had a blast.

Played my Made In Germany Hofner Club.

I even took them up on the comped food. I left with a nice cajun chicken dish with fries.

Blue

8b15a2e1-1d92-4adc-aa4c-83ef5343699a.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Nice easy gig tonight in Milwaukee. The Harley Davidson Motor.5:30-8:30. Great hours!

No traffic on the way into the city, commute was about 25 minutes.

Always a nice appreciative crowd and big tippers too.

Easy load in. Everyone showed up in a great mood as usual. We had a blast.

Played my Made In Germany Hofner Club.

I even took them up on the comped food. I left with a nice cajun chicken dish with fries.

Blue

8b15a2e1-1d92-4adc-aa4c-83ef5343699a.jpeg

I dream of just visiting the place Blue let alone playing there. Gig there would be Heaven on Earth for me :lol:

Dave

• Like 2

On 19/01/2020 at 01:03, JapanAxe said:

Just got home from a splendid evening with my Bowie tribute band. The venue was a pub with a dedicated concert room at the side, with house PA and sound man.

Just before we went on there were about 6 non-band people in the room, but once we took to the stage the place filled to capacity. We played 2 hours 20 minutes straight through, no breaks, and the time just flew by.

For once I was standing well forward of my rig (Demeter into Super Twin), and both basses (AVRI Precision and Dingwall PZ5) sounded glorious. Mrs Axe commented afterwards that the bass came through loud and clear.

Happy moments like this make life good!

Hey when’s your next bowie gig in Swindon? I’m in swindon and until recently was in a start up bowie tribute that never got going👎 (The drummer bugger’d off to that London) 😡

22 minutes ago, roger said:

Hey when’s your next bowie gig in Swindon? I’m in swindon and until recently was in a start up bowie tribute that never got going👎 (The drummer bugger’d off to that London) 😡

Hi Roger!

The gig was at the Old Road Tavern in Chippenham. I expect we'll be back there at some point.

Our next gig is a ticketed show at the Old Court (Arts Centre) in Windsor on 7th March. We have a couple of private parties, then the Rifle Club in Portsmouth with Kingz of Leon on 11th July.

We are also looking at staging a special event somewhere in the Swindon/Bath/Bristol area - if that comes off I'll definitely post details on BC.

In the meantime, here's a clip from our last visit to Windsor:

• Like 1

Played South Park Arts Centre, Cellar Bar on Thursday and The Dashwood Arms in Piddington last night, both with my Tom Petty tribute band. Both were great gigs despite the distance for me. The landlord at the Dashwood is a proper music lover and appreciative of one’s work. It’s a reasonable sized stage (we are a 6 piece, so a little snug) although you have to keep the volume at a reasonable level (fine by me, I just ended using my usual settings anyway) due to the acoustics of the place. The Cellar Bar gig was cracking and we played better there than we have anywhere, helped by it having its own sound guy, who knows his stuff and the venue, so sound checks are a breeze. A small, bijou place where any more than 50 folks would be uncomfortable, but cheap bar and a nice vibe (not a great load in though, steep narrow stairs, albeit only one flight and it was a bit chilly).

Opened proceedings at Giants of Rock, Minehead with Stray yesterday. Nice friendly stage crew and a fabulous crowd. Used my Bugera Veyron Tube again and loved it. Decent monitor mix and a great craic afterwards. Was a bit disappointed with Hawkind, who were one of my old all time favourite bands but loved The Quireboys - first time I've seen them.

FB_IMG_1580037360945.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

Played South Park Arts Centre, Cellar Bar on Thursday and The Dashwood Arms in Piddington last night, both with my Tom Petty tribute band. Both were great gigs despite the distance for me. The landlord at the Dashwood is a proper music lover and appreciative of one’s work. It’s a reasonable sized stage (we are a 6 piece, so a little snug) although you have to keep the volume at a reasonable level (fine by me, I just ended using my usual settings anyway) due to the acoustics of the place. The Cellar Bar gig was cracking and we played better there than we have anywhere, helped by it having its own sound guy, who knows his stuff and the venue, so sound checks are a breeze. A small, bijou place where any more than 50 folks would be uncomfortable, but cheap bar and a nice vibe (not a great load in though, steep narrow stairs, albeit only one flight and it was a bit chilly).

I've played the Dashwood a few times, good place to play. What's the name of your band? I met a chap at a Gong gig in Aylesbury last November who is in a Tom Petty band, we had an interesting chat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Tam Petty and the Heartfakers up here in Scotland too

When we were doing the name thing, the keyboardist and I had great fun coming up with Tim Potty and the Fartbreakers, with similarly toilet humour based individual names (Benmont Stench was one of them).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

I dream of just visiting the place Blue let alone playing there. Gig there would be Heaven on Earth for me :lol:

Dave

Just like playing anywhere in England would be Heaven on Earth for me. :)

The Harley Davidson Motor definitely a tourist spot, lot's of folks from out of State. The Harley Museum is on site too. Great location , downtown right on the Milwaukee River.

Great folks to have a relationship  with.

Blue

Edited by Bluewine
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, King Tut said:

Opened proceedings at Giants of Rock, Minehead with Stray yesterday. Nice friendly stage crew and a fabulous crowd. Used my Bugera Veyron Tube again and loved it. Decent monitor mix and a great craic afterwards. Was a bit disappointed with Hawkind, who were one of my old all time favourite bands but loved The Quireboys - first time I've seen them.

FB_IMG_1580037360945.jpg

Fantastic photo!

Blue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1