Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

On 18/04/2022 at 00:58, jimmyb625 said:

An afternoon gig for us, in the beer garden of a pub in Nantwich. The landlord's off to pastures new and had put on a weekend of different acts as a last hurrah. 

We played as a 6 piece, as the drummist was otherwise engaged. I always feel a bit nervous when we do this, as there's not much to lock on to and I need to change my usual lines to suit. Overall, it went really well, it was a nice day, we played well and the audience seemed to appreciate it.

As a tenuous link, Thea Gilmore was in the audience and didn't walk out when we played, so I'm taking that as a win! 🤣

Which pub? Nantwich isn't far away from here

2 hours ago, zbd1960 said:

Which pub? Nantwich isn't far away from here

It was the Oddfellows. We've played there before.

It was a bit strange, because it was also the Nantwich Jazz and Blues festival that weekend, but this place, for whatever reason, wasn't involved with that and did their own thing instead.

• Like 2

A bit late but Hurtsfall played on Saturday at The Met in Whitby supporting Krow as part of April's WGW.

With there being nothing on at The Pavilion this time, as the promotion company has changed hands and is gearing up for a big event in October, this was probably the most important WGW gig...

A couple of photos:

279002515-396827212415095-74611952350732

279258636-142530328333461-63292099002857

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 6

Punk band last night at The Dreadnought in Bathgate celebrating their 50th Anniversary as a rock venue. 4 nights of bands spread over this weekend and next. Punk themed night, 70's themed night, Soft rock night and finally an 80's night.

Great night with prizes supplied by the venue for the highest pogo and best dressed punk. The Dreadnought even supplied free hot pies at half time.

We had a couple of  "guest" singers join us and just had a great night.

The punk band Emergency Exit also celebrating 45 years as a band.

And here's me with my leather jeans punk look. :tatice_03:

1804611422_EmergencyExitDreadnought50th29.4_22.thumb.jpg.5aaf4818cba5a6af3949802154db5ed9.jpg

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Punk band last night at The Dreadnought in Bathgate celebrating their 50th Anniversary as a rock venue. 4 nights of bands spread over this weekend and next. Punk themed night, 70's themed night, Soft rock night and finally a heavy metal night.

Great night with prizes supplied by the venue for the highest pogo and best dressed punk. The Dreadnought even supplied free hot pies at half time.

We had a couple of  "guest" singers join us and just had a great night.

The punk band Emergency Exit also celebrating 45 years as a band.

And here's me with my leather jeans punk look. :tatice_03:

1804611422_EmergencyExitDreadnought50th29.4_22.thumb.jpg.5aaf4818cba5a6af3949802154db5ed9.jpg

Congratulations on surviving 45 years awesome...long may it continue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BCH said:

Congratulations on surviving 45 years awesome...long may it continue

To be fair its only our guitarist from the original band. Drummer has been with them 11-12 yrs, singer i think 7 yrs and me 6mths so i'm the newbie 😂

Great band with no ego's, just nice people.

Dave

• Like 1

Just now, dmccombe7 said:

To be fair its only our guitarist from the original band. Drummer has been with them 11-12 yrs, singer i think 7 yrs and me 6mths so i'm the newbie 😂

Great band with no ego's, just nice people.

Dave

Finding nice people you enjoy playing with is wonderful, "no ego's" is rare because it means every one is listening to each other and compromises. You can comment without upsetting others....you are "harmonious" 

I am very lucky, my band Fynnius Fogg is celebrating, 50 years with the same founding members! We are obviously old but young at heart and have 23 gigs this year (played over 1000 gigs together)...it has been a wonderful friendship and lifeDSC08373-Edit.thumb.jpeg.f5339ff8a5b7d305d260e20e94eef846.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BCH said:

I am very lucky, my band Fynnius Fogg is celebrating, 50 years with the same founding members! We are obviously old but young at heart and have 23 gigs this year (played over 1000 gigs together)...it has been a wonderful friendship and life

That is so cool and such an amazing thing - congratualtions! You hear about all the 'popular' bands that run for ever like the stones, cure etc. but so lovely that there are regular bands that have such a life and longevity. That would really make we want to come to one of your gigs just to hear that sound which has been developed over such a long time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BCH said:

Finding nice people you enjoy playing with is wonderful, "no ego's" is rare because it means every one is listening to each other and compromises. You can comment without upsetting others....you are "harmonious" 

I am very lucky, my band Fynnius Fogg is celebrating, 50 years with the same founding members! We are obviously old but young at heart and have 23 gigs this year (played over 1000 gigs together)...it has been a wonderful friendship and lifeDSC08373-Edit.thumb.jpeg.f5339ff8a5b7d305d260e20e94eef846.jpeg

100% i've always found its personal ego's that kill a band.

Where is the band based as i'm sure i've heard of them.

Dave

5 hours ago, CJPJ said:

That is so cool and such an amazing thing - congratualtions! You hear about all the 'popular' bands that run for ever like the stones, cure etc. but so lovely that there are regular bands that have such a life and longevity. That would really make we want to come to one of your gigs just to hear that sound which has been developed over such a long time. 

We often have bands/ musicians come to our gig, but not for the music which is simple pop. They come to see how we achieve a silent stage and a vocal wall of sound without any backing tracks. Yes its expensive kit, but what are we going to spend our pension on?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BCH said:

We often have bands/ musicians come to our gig, but not for the music which is simple pop. They come to see how we achieve a silent stage and a vocal wall of sound without any backing tracks. Yes its expensive kit, but what are we going to spend our pension on?

That's fascinating - I missed that original thread but will be reading up on this. I'm coming up on 50 and never really considered that I might need a warchest for music-related projected - love it! GAS never relents 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Played to one man and his dog on a dark stage in Bath last night. Got paid, could barely see my bass, but we were ok.

The owner was embarrassed for the poor turn out and very complimentary about the band.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, stewblack said:

Played to one man and his dog on a dark stage in Bath last night. Got paid, could barely see my bass, but we were ok.

The owner was embarrassed for the poor turn out and very complimentary about the band.

Been there, done that. A little downheartening at times.

Just played out for the second time at our lead singers local. Just a practice gig to be fair as we still haven't written enough material for a full set!

It was awesome, I'm now doing backing vocals as well and the three of us produce a really good set of harmonies.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Been there, done that. A little downheartening at times.

Singer in that particular band has a great attitude. Even if there's only a handful of folk, it's their Saturday night out, and we are there to entertain them.

• Like 2