Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

Fantastic gig at Bike N Hound on Saturday night. We'd tailored our set especially with extra Sabbath, Maiden and Van Halen and it went down a storm. Place was packed, everyone singing and yelling with head bangers and dancers down the front really into it. Did two encores with the crowd wanting more and the management asked us if they can book us for New Years Eve! Best gig so far for us and can't wait to play there again in May. I'm completely buzzing!

Played our first gig with our new singer on Saturday for our drummers dad's 50th birthday. Was my first time using my full set up, all went fine apart from my lead going from my pedals to my amp getting coming loose and I kept having to jump on stage to plug it back in (not sure why it was doing it either)

I also managed to break the input jack on my ashdown 2x10 on the way home. Quick easy fix tho.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1422272766' post='2670460']
Yo Tom, just out of interest, did they open the doors on time? It always seems to badly organised there, but it's an ace venue
[/quote]

Dunno, I went for a curry after soundcheck so got in half way through the first bands first song....only 3 bands on though so less to go wrong. Friday just gone I turned up to a gig that one of my students was playing. Doors opened 20 minutes late!!! I agree, pretty poor organisation with the new promoter, and we only got paid £25 for selling £125 worth of tickets :-(

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1422210081' post='2669896']
Great gig with The ELO Experience at The Severn Theatre in Shrewsbury to a sell out crowd.
One of those nights when it all comes together - venue, audience, crew & band!
[/quote]

Lovely venue that! Only been as a punter, not a performer though ;)

[quote name='Tom Brookes Music' timestamp='1422303556' post='2670982']
Dunno, I went for a curry after soundcheck so got in half way through the first bands first song....only 3 bands on though so less to go wrong. Friday just gone I turned up to a gig that one of my students was playing. Doors opened 20 minutes late!!! I agree, pretty poor organisation with the new promoter, and we only got paid £25 for selling £125 worth of tickets :-(
[/quote]

Ouch! That won't even cover your curry!

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1422210081' post='2669896']
Great gig with The ELO Experience at The Severn Theatre in Shrewsbury to a sell out crowd.
One of those nights when it all comes together - venue, audience, crew & band!
[/quote]

My home town. Is that the new(ish) venue near the river? Only managed to make it there once since it's been built (don't live there anymore) but I thought it was a great venue. One of my old band mates often does the lighting there too so nice to know things are going well.

Band went down really well despite a few dodgy moments including a complete blank on what to play under at least one guitar solo!!! I remain convinced that inside their heads punters in pubs are hearing the recordings!!!! Not one of my better performances but a happy crowd...I'll buy that,

[quote name='darren' timestamp='1422826961' post='2677315']
Great gig on Friday night. Coincided with my 40th birthday. Genuinely wasn't expecting a cake -a very nice surprise. The venue was full and everybody, strangers an all, sang happy birthday to me. Brilliant!
[/quote]

Brilliant Darren, and a belated happy birthday. Nice to see my old P Bass in joyous action! Careful of those flames though!

Saturday night was a "private party" at the Tally ho in Edgbaston Birmingham.I was expecting the enormous old pub you usually get when playing in brum but no, ,just to confuse me and have me driving up and down the Pershore road, it was a social club tucked behind a quite horrible construction alongside some playing fields! To be fair it was nice enough inside,the staff were great and it was a spacious stage for a change!

The night went really well ,dance floor full at the appropriate times and they even laughed when I did my "this is our version,of Metallica's version.of Thin Lizzy's version of an old Irish tune :ph34r: ....yes they even lapped up "All right now" ;)

I managed to deflect the drunken young lady that announced,after our second song,that she was a "really good drummer" and asked "can I play the drums?" by telling her that she should ask a little later....she kept asking and I stalled her right up to the final encore and then beat a hasty retreat to the "dressing room" :D
All in all ....the usual night was had by all :rolleyes:

Edited by Raymondo

Well I'm just in from my gig tonight.

Welsh Floyd were playing Neath Little Theatre. We had a good crowd about 150 people.

A few hiccups pre gig in that the PA turned up nearly three hours late, which resulted in much stress and included me and the drummer having a massive bust up and screaming at each other.... He started it ;)

I don't think he expected me to retaliate so viciously. He apologised and we hugged and made up.

The crowd were really appreciative.

It was our first gig with our circular projections and they worked a treat (thanks to my hubby's hard work). It was also our first gig since the saxophonist joined us and he kicked arse!!

I made 2 mistakes and I am beating myself up over them!! I always do!! Also I couldn't hear my fretless very well, so have concerns that my intonation may not have been perfect!!

Although speaking to friends afterwards they commented on how amazing and flawless I was!!! One friend loves my fretless work and commented on how I give him goosebumps and nobody can come close to me! I loves him I do ;)

We had a few little hiccups but nothing which stopped anyone's enjoyment.

The theatre were chuffed to bits, as we'd been their largest live music event to date and so they made a tidy commission and bar take :D

We also had a film crew there, so hopefully we will get some good live footage for YouTube.

Also interesting that my mother in law came (as it was a local theatre) and she may be in her 70s but she really enjoyed herself :P

Cream crackered now!! just finishing some ready salted peanuts to stop the post gig cramp I always get (which isn't as bad when I have peanuts) and then it's time for sleep!

I love being a part time rock star I do!! Next gig, next Saturday!

Edited by SpaceChick

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1423359710' post='2683984']
...me and the drummer having a massive bust up and screaming at each other.... He started it ;)

I don't think he expected me to retaliate so viciously. He apologised and we hugged and made up.

The crowd were really appreciative.
[/quote]

Might have been better to have your row where the audience couldn't see you?

I'll get me coat...

not exactly last night was last friday but only just got some images - early start to the day as had to be soundchecked by 1pm - superb sound and lights by Panache Audio using a very nice compact RCF rig - then a spot of lunch from the venue and off down the road for a personal guided tour of the beeb (courtesy of our saxomophone playist who is a sound engineer with said establishment - the radio one live lounge is barely big enough to swing a cat!) and only two hours playing from about 830-1030pm and all packed down before 11pm - oh and a guest list including several top fashion models :P

Edited by steve-bbb

WE played a regular pub gig last night , a bit of a strange one all round .
the venue was a switch from the landlords other pub because it wasn't 'ready' for us yet , I am not sure what that meant as the place is open and he took it on 2 months ago !
Still lots of late call arounds to let people know we were changing venue , and eventually brought around 25 to the gig. the regulars at the pub quite like us but reckon no one knew we were on or the place would have been much busier .

earlier in the week Lead guitar spat his dummy out with an interesting email , so for the first time in just over 4 years we have some hard thinking to do , not really ideal , but if the craic isn't what we thought it was then it needs sorting I suppose :(

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1423386343' post='2684076']

thanks - oh is that what they are called!no idea me i just stand at the back wearing black and try and get all the right notes in all the right order
[/quote]

Ha, I'm the same!!

I only know what they are called as I bought our two varilights.... I want more though :P