Why become a member? ×

Steinberger Spirit 5 string for sale SOLD

Blink

I am selling my Steinberger Spirit 5 string fretted bass. I purchased the bass from new from the old MusicYO site many years ago and it has been well used.

The bass has been upgraded by the addition of an Aguilar 2 band preamp running on 18v. The work was carried out by Mike Walsh.

The controls are 2 x volume (one for each pickup) and stacked bass & treble.

Things to note:
There is a small dent on the back of the neck behind the 2nd fret.
There is a screw hole on the neck joint where I experimented with a home made arm to hold the strap.
The spindle on the treble control is slightly bent.

None of the above affect the operation of the bass.

The bass is otherwise as originally supplied by the manufacturer. I will sell the bass with the original gigbag, the "string thing" so the you can use single ball strings. A spare set of Double Ball strings. A strap with Schaller strap locks.

I'm looking for £250 plus shipping. The Aguilar preamp is worth £70 alone. I live in north east Essex. I'm not interested in a trade. I'm selling the bass because I have recently purchased a Status Streamline.

Pics attached[attachment=43780:SB1.jpg][attachment=43781:SB2.jpg][attachment=43782:SB3.jpg]

Edited by Blink

Hmm onset of GAS here, and seriously interested in this bass. Where abouts in North Essex Blink?

Could you do a couple of close-up pictures of the neck end string anchor please.

Cheers.

Chezz55

Chezz55

I live between Colchester and Clacton.

The neck string anchor that ia attached to the bass just has slots for double ball strings. The "string thing" is a small block with 5 holes and 5 grub screws and is held in place by string tension.

N

[quote name='Blink' post='759937' date='Feb 28 2010, 05:31 PM']I am selling my Steinberger Spirit 5 string fretted bass. I purchased the bass from new from the old MusicYO site many years ago and it has been well used.

The bass has been upgraded by the addition of an Aguilar 2 band preamp running on 18v. The work was carried out by Mike Walsh.

The controls are 2 x volume (one for each pickup) and stacked bass & treble.

Things to note:
There is a small dent on the back of the neck behind the 2nd fret.
There is a screw hole on the neck joint where I experimented with a home made arm to hold the strap.
The spindle on the treble control is slightly bent.

None of the above affect the operation of the bass.

The bass is otherwise as originally supplied by the manufacturer. I will sell the bass with the original gigbag, the "string thing" so the you can use single ball strings. A spare set of Double Ball strings. A strap with Schaller strap locks.

I'm looking for £250 plus shipping. The Aguilar preamp is worth £70 alone. I live in north east Essex. I'm not interested in a trade. I'm selling the bass because I have recently purchased a Status Streamline.

Pics attached[attachment=43780:SB1.jpg][attachment=43781:SB2.jpg][attachment=43782:SB3.jpg][/quote]

Hi, not being completely familiar with these, has there been routing to the bass to do the preamp work etc?

[quote name='Blink' post='761142' date='Mar 1 2010, 08:22 PM']Chezz55

I live between Colchester and Clacton.

The neck string anchor that ia attached to the bass just has slots for double ball strings. The "string thing" is a small block with 5 holes and 5 grub screws and is held in place by string tension.

N[/quote]

PM on its way Blink