Why become a member? ×

DIY Effects

JackLondon

On 21/08/2018 at 17:03, jetofuj said:

It's unbelievable quite here :)

Well, posting a populated Fuzzdog PCB after your works of art is hard, so I thought I'll just  wait a bit .... but anyway, here we go, a Harmonic Percolator with diode lift switch.

DSC06525.thumb.jpg.f2341ca59117a1ff6b7bfa573d35ebe4.jpg

461921697_DSC06522(1).thumb.jpg.3ba62992eca6e656003989ca367edb71.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Clone of the FDeck HPF-Pre 2 I did a while back. Probably the single most useful ‘effect’ I’ve ever built and I’d never go back to not using it. No footswitch as obviously I never turn it off!

If I built another I’d probably omit the volume control (full volume is unity gain - I don’t need to turn it down!) and the phase switch, as that’s only useful for upright, really.

Just sits happily in my rack, doing its thing.

02ECADF6-FD10-41EF-B20C-93C37CFEC315.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2018 at 13:37, fuzzonaut said:

Yay! My very first attempt at drilling the enclosure myself went pretty well. Nonetheless, it was a good idea to wire the pots with short cables instead of directly onto the pcb.

That looks awesome.  Mind if I ask how you got the picture over the front of the enclosure like that?  I'm struggling to get the boxes I do to look anything other than daft!

2 hours ago, fuzzonaut said:

I use  photo transfer potch.  

Thanks.  I've just checked that on You Tube and funnily enough before logging on here I'd just finished gluing a printout to a piece of scrap wood using the exact same technique but just with PVA glue.  I didn't realise you could do it onto metal too. 

I'll have to see tomorrow how the transfer onto wood turns out.

Hi all,

I have an unbuilt Guma Drive kit with enclosure (https://schalltechnik04.de/en/instructions/guma-drive) that simply isn't going to get built any time soon (largely because of time and I already have a Guma-Antique that is more me).
So if you're confident enough (there's a couple of surface-mount components), I'm going to be selling it. Will list in the Effects Marketplace in a minute, but thoughts I'd heads-up here if anyone is keen. Seems to be sold out on the Schalltechnik_04 website.

Si

• Like 1

CPC is worth a look - https://cpc.farnell.com/

Same company as Farnell but they aim more at the hobbyist so quantities can be more reasonable, though range is more restricted. FYI though at Farnell - if they're only showing full reels and you want less, it's always worth a ring to sales, if you're doing a decent sized order they might transfer them to the cut tape SKU so you can buy smaller quantities (source: I work there).

17 hours ago, itu said:

7 - 10 weeks?! Sounds really bad. Aren't there any substitutes?

For general edification, this is an industry wide problem that's going to get worse before it gets better. Most of the big manufacturers have pushed out their lead times and all the distributors have panicked with a big rush of orders, so a lot of stuff is on allocation (orders are outstripping production). One of our manufacturers has quoted us 48 weeks on some stuff. This problem has been looming for a year or so, but as everyone is now running out of their existing and emergency stock, it's starting to hit every level. 

• Confused 1

Here's another one - a Dead End FX PCB: the Laika Fuzz. (Check out Dead End FX, they've got taste and offer PCBs of rather unobtainable pedals.)

That was my most ambitious build so far, I'm still in my first year of building, and everything went pretty smoothly. I didn't mess up drilling and most important: it worked right away and sounds fantastic!

S-f.thumb.jpg.febc5637695f511d70e1dddaa8e4d633.jpg

S-g.thumb.jpg.4d2d994a811dea5f4076a97a09f679df.jpg

• Like 1

On 01/10/2018 at 20:53, fuzzonaut said:

Here's another one - a Dead End FX PCB: the Laika Fuzz. (Check out Dead End FX, they've got taste and offer PCBs of rather unobtainable pedals.)

That was my most ambitious build so far, I'm still in my first year of building, and everything went pretty smoothly. I didn't mess up drilling and most important: it worked right away and sounds fantastic!

S-f.thumb.jpg.febc5637695f511d70e1dddaa8e4d633.jpg

S-g.thumb.jpg.4d2d994a811dea5f4076a97a09f679df.jpg

Super cool! Dead End FX PCB has got really cool stuff, wish I had more time to build :(

My mate recorded clips of my two builds. They are very long, so it's probably clever to skip a bit :)

Black Booster

Black Swan

Edited by jetofuj

• 3 weeks later...
  • Rich pinned this topic