Why become a member? ×

Phill Jupitus and the Blockheads.

Mr Fudge

The band I play in are supporting Phill Jupitus and the blockheads at the Robin2 in Wolves next saturday. If I can find the technology to do it I will post a picture of me?us with the great norm. What a great bass player. Looking forward to meeting himand having a chat. Not about boring bloody bass guitars though.

more info on www.freewebs.com/thebusbybabes/

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='82981' date='Nov 2 2007, 11:06 PM']The band I play in are supporting Phill Jupitus and the blockheads at the Robin2 in Wolves next saturday. If I can find the technology to do it I will post a picture of me?us with the great norm. What a great bass player. Looking forward to meeting himand having a chat. Not about boring bloody bass guitars though.

more info on www.freewebs.com/thebusbybabes/[/quote]

Cool... enjoy the gig!

I've just read this *seconds* after having a gig at the Robin 2 confirmed for April. What's it like?

Its a superb gig. It's a club but with a capacity of 700, smashing people run the place and sort the sound etc.... We were very lucky last year,we did our 10th anniversarry gig there and got 609 people. Yes we did count them. Apart from that I've seen some great gigs there. This year have been Spocks Beard and Richard Thompson. You will love it.

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='82991' date='Nov 2 2007, 11:38 PM']Its a superb gig. It's a club but with a capacity of 700, smashing people run the place and sort the sound etc.... We were very lucky last year,we did our 10th anniversarry gig there and got 609 people. Yes we did count them. Apart from that I've seen some great gigs there. This year have been Spocks Beard and Richard Thompson. You will love it.[/quote]

Cool.. looking forward to it!

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='82991' date='Nov 2 2007, 11:38 PM']Its a superb gig. It's a club but with a capacity of 700, smashing people run the place and sort the sound etc.... We were very lucky last year,we did our 10th anniversarry gig there and got 609 people. Yes we did count them. Apart from that I've seen some great gigs there. This year have been Spocks Beard and Richard Thompson. You will love it.[/quote]
WICKED!!

[quote name='neilb' post='83216' date='Nov 3 2007, 06:18 PM']Ive heard of him, just not of Wlico Johnson. :)[/quote]

Wilco was a big influence on many a trio guitarist. Paul Weller for one.
Great player
[url="http://magazine.brighton.co.uk/index.asp?SEC_ID=1&CAT_ID=21&SUB_ID=45&ART_ID=2197"]Wilco Band (with NWR) review from Feb this year[/url]

Edit: Oh a fun reference to the typo :huh:

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='83222' date='Nov 3 2007, 06:25 PM']Wilco was a big influence on many a trio guitarist. Paul Weller for one.
Great player
[url="http://magazine.brighton.co.uk/index.asp?SEC_ID=1&CAT_ID=21&SUB_ID=45&ART_ID=2197"]Wilco Band (with NWR) review from Feb this year[/url]

Edit: Oh a fun reference to the typo :)[/quote]

At last! Thanks OG.

[quote name='neilb' post='83058' date='Nov 3 2007, 09:02 AM']Norman is a great bloke, friendly and superb to watch. I caught up with him backstage at the London guitar Show earlier this year.

Im the good looking one by the way!!

And pic of him next to his new TE stack.[/quote]Is it just me, or does Norm look a bit like an extra from Dawn Of The Dead..?? :)
Awesome player though. We're not worthy, etc.

Played with the blockheads and phil jupitus last night. Norm is a god. Also he is one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet. A true gent and an awesome bass player. His TE is older than the hills with god knows how many bits of gaffa tape. I was convinced he was playing an old jazz, but he showed me how it is a copy of an old one where they have even dug out the old hole where his thumb was. There are some pictures at

www.freewebs.com/thebusbybabes/ if any one is interested.