Why become a member? ×

SWR Goliath Junior

makemineamythos

Hi there
As one the resident swr users on this forum, i'd say its a difficult one to call.
I have 4 of these cabs, but i use the 8 ohm versions, i also seen this on ebay too.
The original swr drivers are punchy, tight & very clear sounding with lots of tone, i have never
used eminance drivers so i can't really say what they would sound like.

So i'd definately say my advice would be to demo these if you live close enough to do so, especially
as the ones advertised states that the tweeter doesn't work, which would suggest they may have been overdriven
in the past, so imho there's 2 reasons which accounts for why the original drivers have been replaced.

If this was me i'd probably wait as swr are about to release a version 4 of the goliath series which is meant
to have more power handling than the current 350 watt version 3's, so that may mean there maybe some good deals
to be had on the s/h market soon.
Best wishes
Bernie

[quote name='Bernmeister' post='83032' date='Nov 3 2007, 02:11 AM']Hi there
As one the resident swr users on this forum, i'd say its a difficult one to call.
I have 4 of these cabs, but i use the 8 ohm versions, i also seen this on ebay too.
The original swr drivers are punchy, tight & very clear sounding with lots of tone, i have never
used eminance drivers so i can't really say what they would sound like.

So i'd definately say my advice would be to demo these if you live close enough to do so, especially
as the ones advertised states that the tweeter doesn't work, which would suggest they may have been overdriven
in the past, so imho there's 2 reasons which accounts for why the original drivers have been replaced.

If this was me i'd probably wait as swr are about to release a version 4 of the goliath series which is meant
to have more power handling than the current 350 watt version 3's, so that may mean there maybe some good deals
to be had on the s/h market soon.
Best wishes
Bernie[/quote]

Hi Bernie,
you have 4 of these ??? sell one to me now, you greedy git ! are you trying to take over the world of summat ?

anyway, back to reality, that was a really helpful post, I'm gonna swerve the one on fleabay and just keep waitin for somethin that tickles my fancy.
Thanks for a great reply,
Regards,
Russ

Hi Russ
:) yes i am a greedy git when it comes to swr gear,
but where were you when i was selling one of my 4 ohm swr 2x 10 cabs about 5 weeks ago :huh:

Anyway if you're in the market for buying an swr 1x15 cab there might be one up for offer soon :huh:

But no probs with the advice & once again.
Best wishes, there's plenty of good ones out there.