Why become a member? ×

Spector thread

alanbass1

[quote name='cd_david' timestamp='1361275199' post='1983627']
Hard to capture the colour in artificial light, but its a lovely deep blue, plays like a dream and sounds fabulous, lovely solid maple wings. Very full tone

[IMG]http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/cd_david/Bass%20Chat%20PA%20Stuff/DSC_0004_zpsc1e3fc0b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/cd_david/Bass%20Chat%20PA%20Stuff/DSC_0001_zps1bbbe316.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
!!
Thats stunning Dave!, im assuming its a CRFM like mine, absolutley fantastic bass, and like mine, it has the most striking rosewood board :)

Edited by lee650

Hi lee
Cheers for the comments, It's a 35" scale same as my Euro LX but yeah it's the pre Euro one so could be crfm. I'm just waiting for a new circuit from Spector with the trim pot on and ill be swapping out the vol vol for volume pan then it's complete. :D

Dave

• 1 month later...

Thought I had better contribute. My first Spector was this Legend 4 c.2006 which I sold a year or so back and now looks to be in the hands of Mr Lenny B of this very forum.

[attachment=135269:Spector 07.JPG]

My current Spector squeeze is this lovely neck through SSD NS-94 from the Stuart Spector Design era MIK mid/late 90s.

[attachment=135272:Spector SSD NS-94 101.JPG]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOTS of Spector goodness here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/80816-ceteras-complete-prn-collection-update-on-page-5/page__st__80"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/80816-ceteras-complete-prn-collection-update-on-page-5/page__st__80[/url]

• 2 months later...

Don't own a Spector bass myself, but there's a Spector 6 with a quilt maple top in my local Cash Converters (London), and I thought somebody should know. I have no idea if it's fairly priced, but it seemed a reasonable price for any kind of 6 to me.

What's the fairest way of doing this so everyone has a chance .... broadcast the location right here ? Some other subforum ?

[attachment=143862:IMG_0625_crop_800.JPG]

Edited by BigBeatNut

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1379280454' post='2210891']
there's a Spector 6 with a quilt maple top in my local Cash Converters (London). I have no idea if it's fairly priced, but it seemed a reasonable price for any kind of 6 to me.
[/quote]

Depends where it was made, and what they are asking. In the photo it looks like £425?

Bargain of the century if it is a US or a Euro (highly unlikely!!). If it is one of the various far east incarnations, it varies from a good deal to a fair price.

More info needed!

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1379343771' post='2211480']
Depends where it was made, and what they are asking. In the photo it looks like £425?
[/quote]

Surprised you could read that :)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1379343771' post='2211480']
Bargain of the century if it is a US or a Euro (highly unlikely!!). If it is one of the various far east incarnations, it varies from a good deal to a fair price.

More info needed!
[/quote]

I have no idea how to recognise the country of origin of a Spector. And I won't be going past the shop again till next Saturday at least. I will say this though, the quilt is a fairly thin veneer and fades out at the edges, somewhat like the far-eastern-made varieties of Lakland. So I suspect it's not one of the premium models, yes.

Apart from that, the only thing I can tell you is the location of the shop. I'll spill the beans tomorrow.

I saw the bass near closing time Saturday, and they don't open Sunday, I suspect it will be there for a bit yet.

• 1 month later...

Spector noob here guys, apologies for the thread hijack but seeking a bit of advice from experienced Spector players. I've been toying with the idea of replacing my EMG loaded Corvette with a 5er that growls equally (or even more) but that is warmer in the upper register. The 'vette sounds great on the B/E/A strings but D/G sound thin & weak and get lost in the mix. I'm contending with heavy Mesa/Marshall driven Les Paul with tonnes of low end and guts. My precision performs much better in that regard.

I've arrived at either a Euro 5LX or a NS-5H2 as a possible contender. So in summary, will one of these growl like a caged animal on the low strings and retains some warmth in the upper register? Any advice?

Cheers

Mike

I can't really speak for 5 strings but my USA 4 string bolt-on is very nice, versatile and even sounding (apart from one dead-spot). Also neck-through models have that characteristic Spector sound whereas bolt-on models sound more 'standard'. NS-5H2 which you mention is a bolt-on. You can still go to the Bass Gallery and try them out.

Hi Mike

I've got 2 fives, a euro LX and and older ns5 cr. both have a low mid growl but the CR being solid maple is a lot brighter than the LX with maple, alder and a walnut sandwich. The LX has a very smooth top end, amazing for recording, the CR is nicer live I find but both are very versatile.
That said, I have a friend who has a CR with an EMG 3 band circuit in (mine are tone pumps) and it sounds a bit different, in fact I think he may have it up for sale?
Thanks
Dave

is anyone out there looking to sell a blue stained 4 stringer, Euro or Lx, p/j or humbucker. I must have one as I feel I should retire my 1988 NS2a and treat myself.
I got me a 75 American reissue to trade lovely bass but after having it now 5 years I just never properly bonded with it. Felt like I was having an affair on my Spector. Anyone?!

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmmm latest Spector arrived today, plays like a dream, looking forward to hearing it with the band.

[IMG]http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/cd_david/Basses%20To%20View/18722F69-3D44-446E-BBB0-F06F20C6D2DD-189-00000008E6633009_zps7db2262b.jpg[/IMG]

I'll take some better pictures when I've finished playing it :D

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1369173437' post='2085954']
Thought I had better contribute. My first Spector was this Legend 4 c.2006 which I sold a year or so back and now looks to be in the hands of Mr Lenny B of this very forum.

[attachment=135269:Spector 07.JPG]

[/quote]

Ah-ha! Yes it is me. Is it really from 06? It's in great condition. I picked it up strung BEAD, but with a new nut and back to EADG it's a rock monster - I've a 20-year-school-band-reunion coming up doing Megadeth covers, and it just sounds fantastic for it.
Loving it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Spector lovers :)
I´m a spector user from Germany, love my Spector Euro 5 LX - but have a problem with it. Any help needed. Thanks in advance !
my problem:
by pushing the mute button (on and off) at my amp – there is a terrible noise. It is a very good amp (Glockenklang Bass Art)

Please notice: i have many basses my own – [b]but this problem is only with the Spector bass[/b].

Also by connecting the cable to the bass the peak-led flashes [b][u]2 times [/u][/b]– and by pulling off the cable the led flashes 1 time too.

All other basses the led flashes 1 time by pulling the cable in – [b][u]and notime by pulling the cable out[/u][/b].

Many many thanks for help

Best regards

Henry from Germany