Why become a member? ×

Spector thread

alanbass1

[quote name='cetera' post='753608' date='Feb 22 2010, 12:28 PM']These are original 80's US Spector NS2's... the black & white are Kramer made and sunburst is pre-Kramer. All have HazLab preamps... :rolleyes:

[/quote]

That sunburst one is my dream spector!

Got my first Spector from Cetera and it's absolutely incredible (bought his Euro LX zebrano), trumped my MTD at the moment, it's just amazing. I love these basses. Will post photos tomorrow night because hopefully by then I'll have another Euro in the house! :)

[quote name='ashevans09' post='791377' date='Mar 30 2010, 11:59 PM']That sunburst one is my dream spector!

Got my first Spector from Cetera and it's absolutely incredible (bought his Euro LX zebrano), trumped my MTD at the moment, it's just amazing. I love these basses. [b]Will post photos tomorrow night because hopefully by then I'll have another Euro in the house![/b] :lol:[/quote]

You'll never steal my Spector crown!! You hear me?!?! Never!!!! Bwa ha ha ha ha!!!! :lol: :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='cetera' post='791839' date='Mar 31 2010, 01:11 PM']You'll never steal my Spector crown!! You hear me?!?! Never!!!! Bwa ha ha ha ha!!!! :lol: :) :rolleyes:[/quote]

Juuuuust you wait buddy boy :lol:

Haha, my second Euro arrived today! Lovely bit of kit and I feel it was more than a bit of a steal since it's new and cost me under a grand :lol: . In serious need of new strings and a set up though! Pics later! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 8 months later...

Theres not been any traffic on here for a while so ill add some pics of my latest baby!! bought with some of the funds from the sale of my ken smith :)
its a 2000/01 spector CRFM 5 with a natural finish featuring an all maple body wings (slightly quilted) its also been juiced up with the fantastic east u retro deluxe preamp, it has the 35" scale and a great variety of tones, its mostly got a very modern hi fi kind of tone but the preamp adds a lot of deep bass and warmth from the passive tone, its very comfy to play as the neck is really nice and you dont even notice the extra length.

[attachment=67081:000_0006.JPG][attachment=67082:000_0007.JPG][attachment=67083:000_0009.JPG][attach
ment=67084:000_0010.JPG][attachment=67085:000_0012.JPG][attachment=67086:000_0011.JPG][attachment=67
87:000_0008.JPG]

Absolutely cracking bass, id played warwick streamers for about 11 years as i was a massive gene simmons and kip winger fan as a youth (still am really) but didnt think id afford a spector as at the time there was only the USA models,so really glad i got a czech one eventually ive not gigged her yet, ut have a rock gig in jan so she can make her debut!! BTW ive called her "Lana" after lana turner as she was blonde and curvy :)

Edited by lee650

[quote name='cetera' post='1069781' date='Dec 26 2010, 08:35 PM']Gorgeous Spector! Congrats...it won't be your last! :)

Respect also for your Gene & Kip fandom... I too always wanted a Spector due to them (& others) and it took me a few years of buying/selling/uptrading until I got my first![/quote]

HA HA cheers mate your right!! im now gassing for either a black cherry or white 4 string ( kiss forever video, or stings synchronicity tour bass) i really like doug wimbishes signature too!!
ive always been a massive kiss fan and loved genes spectors in the videos, i really got into winger when i saw a special on them very late one friday night, and i just thought kip spinning around like a top with that gorgeous spector,the coolest thing id ever seen!! great music though and a fantastic musician, i rememeber i had an old video of alice cooper live and kip was on bass, i believe paul taylor was in the band too , kips solo was great and it was on a gorgeous red spector(i do think the 4,s look nicer than the 5,s)
Anyway looking at your collection is like playboy, you ought to do a calendar :) i must catch your show next time your north west bound!!
have a great new year - lee
ps- i was very much interested in your jackson kip winger it was a beauty was skint though!! i will have one :lol:

Edited by lee650

[quote name='lee650' post='1072198' date='Dec 29 2010, 10:08 PM']Nice bass chris imust get black hardware for mine much nicer, i liking the zebrawood too!![/quote]

That bass was a belter. I still look back on it fondly. It had so many things I like about the bass, but I particularly liked how fast the neck was, and how powerful the sound was. It could so the burpy back pickup thing all day and it sounded effortless. It was also nice and hot too, which was nice in the studio. It also weighed next to nothing!

[quote name='lee650' post='1069829' date='Dec 26 2010, 09:54 PM']Anyway looking at your collection is like playboy, you ought to do a calendar :) i must catch your show next time your north west bound!!
have a great new year - lee
ps- i was very much interested in your jackson kip winger it was a beauty was skint though!! i will have one :P[/quote]

Cheers Lee! :D
Would be great to meet you one day mate! We can then bore everyone senseless with our love of great 80's rock and the basses used! lol! :lol: :)

[quote name='Sean' post='792130' date='Mar 31 2010, 03:38 PM']We've seen these before but they are definitely worth seeing again...

It's my NS5 by the way :)[/quote]

I adore this bass, its like mine,s much better looking sister just needed to bump it again :)

[attachment=68046:Rebop_03.jpg]

My Zebrano Rebop, I think this one and Chris2112's must have been twins seperated at birth!
Great bass and the one that I turn to if I'm having problems getting a good tone, it's such a beast! and I actually really like the Tone Pump pre amps.

Edited by dave.c

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Recently picked up my first (and no doubt won't be my last) Spector.

No entirely sure of the model as it has some inconsistencies with the usual spec, but according to PJ it's a Spector Euro4 (apparently not an LX as it was made back in 2003 before the LX models started) with solid figured maple wings in Amberburst. It also has a 1.5" nut, which is typical of the Doug Wimbish signature model.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I get some nice one's taken :)

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1212395' date='Apr 27 2011, 10:38 AM']Recently picked up my first (and no doubt won't be my last) Spector.

No entirely sure of the model as it has some inconsistencies with the usual spec, but according to PJ it's a Spector Euro4 (apparently not an LX as it was made back in 2003 before the LX models started) with solid figured maple wings in Amberburst. It also has a 1.5" nut, which is typical of the Doug Wimbish signature model.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I get some nice one's taken :)[/quote]

Here are some pics of the bass :)

Sorry about the dodgy photography, but I'm sure you'd agree she's a real beauty!

Some questions for the Spector users here - probably cetera.

I'm GASing for a 5-string T-Bird style bass and would be considering a Lull T-Bass except I'm not completely convinced by the Fender-style non-angled headstock or the bolt-on neck.

So the Spector Rex bass has caught my attention...

However having just spent a confusing half hour looking through all the different options on the [url="http://www.spectorbass.com/"]Spector site[/url], it appears that the Rex is only available in 5-string as part of the MIK Professional Series. The USA series Rex is 4-string only.

Then I noticed the [url="http://www.spectorbass.com/usa/neck-thru/forte_5x.html"]Forte 5X[/url] in the USA series. Very nice and much more T-Bird shaped than the Rex.

So how much better (and more expensive) are the USA models? I can find prices for the MIK Rex 5 easily enough, but the USA series appears to be made to order only. TBH I prefer the look of the Holoflash finish, but the headstock of the USA Forte is far more elegant (I think the MIK headstock is a bit too "Warwick paddle" for my tastes). From a quality PoV bear in mind that while I have plenty of cheaper basses that I enjoy playing, the ones I keep coming back to are my Gus G3s and Overwater Originals.

So go for the bling and improved upper neck access of the MIK Rex 5 or the quality and elegance of the USA Forte 5X?

Or are there more options that I've either missed or have been discontinued but available second hand?

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1213598' date='Apr 28 2011, 10:21 AM']Here are some pics of the bass :)

Sorry about the dodgy photography, but I'm sure you'd agree she's a real beauty!

[/quote]

Thats absolutely stunning mate, my spector is a 2001 so has the all maple body too,they also have the full brass bridge too (i believe, the wonderful cetera will be able to confirm this) very crisp cutting sound but loads of bottom too, i'd love a 4 string to go with it, you/ll probably find yours is closer to doug whimbish's spector than the current euro lx version, i believe yours will be known as a NSCR4 FM.
Give me a shout if you move it on :)

Edited by lee650

[quote name='lee650' post='1215572' date='Apr 30 2011, 10:02 AM']Thats absolutely stunning mate, my spector is a 2001 so has the all maple body too,they also have the full brass bridge too (i believe, the wonderful cetera will be able to confirm this) very crisp cutting sound but loads of bottom too, i'd love a 4 string to go with it, you/ll probably find yours is closer to doug whimbish's spector than the current euro lx version, i believe yours will be known as a NSCR4 FM.
Give me a shout if you move it on :)[/quote]

Yeah, according to PJ it's one of the solid brass bridge models. I used it for a gig for the first time last night and it was absolutely awesome. Such a nice deep tone, tonnes of punch and cuts right through the mix - I love it :lol:

I can't see me moving it on any time.soon, but if i do I'll be sure to let you know :)

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1215681' date='Apr 30 2011, 12:04 PM']A couple more pics for your viewing pleasure :)

[/quote]

Ive just noticed the middle laminate in the neck is flamed, NICE!!!! i dont think ive seen that before, probably very usual though

• Rich changed the title to Spector thread